GT Bra

oskie100

GT Owner
Nov 23, 2005
Simi Valley, California
Hey, just thought some of you would be interested in obtaining a bra to protect our front ends! Anyway, I've been in contact with Rich at Speed Lingerie (800) 570-1579 http://www.speedlingerie.com/ and he makes one of the finest products out there. They sell color matched (including stripes) bras that are rated to 150MPH !!! Marine grade vinyl with a cotton jersy backing. His facility is in central California, and he need a donor car to do the pattern from. As soon as he gets one done and recieves enough confirmed orders we will all be sporting double 'D's.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
I have one for my Corvette, millenium yellow, and its an excellent color match and fit. They also make bras for the mirrors.

Dave

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
oskie100 said:
Hey, just thought some of you would be interested in obtaining a bra to protect our front ends! Anyway, I've been in contact with Rich at Speed Lingerie (800) 570-1579 http://www.speedlingerie.com/ and he makes one of the finest products out there. They sell color matched (including stripes) bras that are rated to 150MPH !!! Marine grade vinyl with a cotton jersy backing. His facility is in central California, and he need a donor car to do the pattern from. As soon as he gets one done and recieves enough confirmed orders we will all be sporting double 'D's.

Mountain View is located in Silicon Valley, south of San Francisco and North of San Jose.

Has anyone thought about the invisible bras? Quite a few of the companies I spoke to at SEMA already had the pattern for the GT. The secret I found is not the pattern but the installer. Any thoughts?

oskie100

GT Owner
Nov 23, 2005
Simi Valley, California
hey bony, when i looked into one for my Shelby Series 1, they were more money and not as protective! If you have a chance log onto speedlingerie's web site and check out ther awesome products. sure would be cool if a central Calif. guy could get his car over to rich's shop for a day or two!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
oskie100 said:
hey bony, when i looked into one for my Shelby Series 1, they were more money and not as protective! If you have a chance log onto speedlingerie's web site and check out ther awesome products. sure would be cool if a central Calif. guy could get his car over to rich's shop for a day or two!!

No doubt the invisible bras from 3M are more costly. But... they look better and cover all areas that are likely to be 'stoned.' Mt View is a 2.5 hour drive from Fresno, so I doubt I can help out. Maybe, someone in the San Jose area?

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
My car already had the 3M Clear Bra installed when I bought it. The dealer said it cost about $1000 to have done.It covers the front hood right up to the radiator exhaust, the whole rocker panel from the front wheel well to the rear, and behind the rear wheels up to the bumper. Some of it had to be custom cut on-site because the kit didn't include all of it. You can't tell it's even there but it makes me feel tremendously better when I'm stuck behind a truck. On a car of this stature, it's the only way to go. You are right about finding the right installer because bubbles and wrinkles are a possibility if you don't know what you're doing. Go to www.3m.com for details and dealer locations.

Putting a vinyl bra on this car would look like a cheap toupee. :rofl

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
I got a 3M bra for mine. Cost a little less than $900, installed. Highly recommended.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
TEXAS GT said:
My car already had the 3M Clear Bra installed when I bought it. The dealer said it cost about $1000 to have done.It covers the front hood right up to the radiator exhaust, the whole rocker panel from the front wheel well to the rear, and behind the rear wheels up to the bumper. Some of it had to be custom cut on-site because the kit didn't include all of it. You can't tell it's even there but it makes me feel tremendously better when I'm stuck behind a truck. On a car of this stature, it's the only way to go. You are right about finding the right installer because bubbles and wrinkles are a possibility if you don't know what you're doing. Go to www.3m.com for details and dealer locations.

Putting a vinyl bra on this car would look like a cheap toupee. :rofl

Until you see a Speed Lingerie bra in person I wouldn't make any comments. They are spectacular and form fitted.