good advice-

leon

GT Owner
May 29, 2006
Hilton Head Island, SC
Used my leaf blower to dry off the gt. worked great, but a little slow. also the advice regarding the proper closing of the clamshell was absolutely correct. Now the door ajar light is off. I really appreciate all of the info that I am learning regarding my GT. This is site is a great "fountain of info" (forum, sorry).
Want to go to Sebring weekend. 6 hours by car, but it will be worth it. I may be a spectator only as I have never driven on a track and might find it a bit intimidating with all of you experts.

leon

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Most of us have never driven on a track, my wife doesn't even drive a stick and she will be out there in our GT.

So, bring your GT and drive.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Leon, I've done a few days and would offer the following advice.

If you can get some instruction on your first few laps, it's really worth it - most track days in the UK will offer an experienced driver (as a passenger) while you drive - I would imagine Sebring will offer the same. That way you'll learn the corners, where the apex's are, where the brake points are etc. Taking a perfect corner is a thing of rare beauty (well, for me anyway!).

Second bit is please do be careful! The GT is a bit 'silent and deadly' (!). You'll find, as I have done, that you can carry far too much speed into corners without realising it. The GT is remarkable in that there's not much 'drama' when reaching high speeds and, before you know it, you're doing an extremely high speed into a corner..... need I say more? I very nearly had an incident at Le Mans this year - such was my childish enthusiasm with the throttle. Incidents at 150 mph are generally unhealthy.

Drive carefully...

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Driver's Ed.

Leon,

We have a PCA (Porsche Club of America) Driver's Education event at Roebling Road (less than 1 hour from you) in November. Novices welcome and instruction provided. Contact Jackie Travison (heron@hargray.com) in Blufton,SC. She'll give you all the scoop. Good prep if you decide to do Sebring. I will have my GT there.

Gordon.

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
leon;
even to get the instructions from a proffesional on a closed circut makes it more appealing :thumbsup

i don't think you are going to be made to drive your car at a speed you don't want to.

the fastest car on the day is gunna be a renta :biggrin