Fuel Filler Pipe Fix

glord

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Los Gatos California
Has anyone had the fuel filler pipe fix done? The dealer tells me the fender removal is quite invasive. Unfortuantely, I continue to have both the engine light and stalling problems. Looks as if I will not have a choice

Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiloDave
I have about 3,000 mi. on the car and it normally idles between 700 and 800 rpm. Lately, as I come to a stop in city driving, the engine frequently - but not always - idles down to about 500, feels like it is going to stall and then speeds up again to 700. It has actually stalled twice. The engine temperature is usually under 200 degrees when this happens and the air conditioning is on.

Everything else seems to be normal. Is this something that might be fixed with an adjustment? Should I try a different brand of gasoline (I am using Shell)? Should I just get used to it?

Aware of problem. Issue is with the fuel filler pipe. The dealer can run a quick check but the car cannot have more than a 1/2 full tank of gas. They can quickly determine if yours is another with the fuel filler pipe problem.

It is a relatively easy fix once they order the part. Requires right front fender removal.

Dave

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
You found the thread with the response you are looking for. Yes I know all about it because I had it done. So help me understand what else you need to know?

It is a simple fix the dealer can do. If you don't want the dealer touching your car then you may have to live with the problem.

Remember its a car when all is said and done and needs to be serviced from time-to-time.

Dave

Bullitt

Mar 25, 2006
barondw said:
You found the thread with the response you are looking for. Yes I know all about it because I had it done. So help me understand what else you need to know?

It is a simple fix the dealer can do. If you don't want the dealer touching your car then you may have to live with the problem.

Remember its a car when all is said and done and needs to be serviced from time-to-time.

Dave

He was just asking a question!