FRPP Exhaust installed at Muscle Motors

futuregt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 25, 2005
Just got back from picking up my car at Muscle Motors. They did a great/clean job installing the exhaust. It sounds great, not much louder at idle, but definately sounds great driving. Not annoying at all.Looks WAY BETTER!! They had to remove the rear clamshell,airbox,and rear bumper. They have an SCT programmer with their own tune that adds 30 HP. I might get that next. They took photos and recorded a sound bite which they said they'll post on this site. I also mentioned leaving off the rear bumper, the owner, Jack, said he could fabricate a one piece cover for the lower rear instead of just plugging the bumper support holes! BUT,If someone hits you from behind he said you'd probably tweak the frame instead of just denting the bumper. The guys there were really cool,and very helpfull. Highly recommended! When I asked him not to test drive the car, he said he didn't need to, "when I want to go fast I drive my 6 second mustang". Pretty cool!
Ted

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I am surprised they had to remove the rear clamshell to do this install. I did it myself three weeks ago and I did not remove the clamshell.

Dirk P

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 18, 2006
Orlando Florida
Frpp

I had mine installed by M2 Motorsports in Orlando. Larry Macedo is a Viper wiz and did a great job on my exhaust. We also added the programming for 93 octane gas and the program for the 2.7 pully.

If you get the FRPP exhaust I would recommend having them Polish the exhaust box as I did. It looks great, I dont know why it does not come this way.

We also ordered the K&N filters for it too.

I now have right at 540HP and 505 fpt at the rear wheels. I would recommend the FRPP exhaust. It sounds great, like the car should of from the start. By the way you also lose 30 pounds of weight by going to the FRPP. The original weighs 60 pounds the racing on is 30 pounds.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
futuregt said:
Just got back from picking up my car at Muscle Motors. They did a great/clean job installing the exhaust. It sounds great, not much louder at idle, but definately sounds great driving. Not annoying at all.Looks WAY BETTER!! They had to remove the rear clamshell,airbox,and rear bumper. They have an SCT programmer with their own tune that adds 30 HP. I might get that next. They took photos and recorded a sound bite which they said they'll post on this site. I also mentioned leaving off the rear bumper, the owner, Jack, said he could fabricate a one piece cover for the lower rear instead of just plugging the bumper support holes! BUT,If someone hits you from behind he said you'd probably tweak the frame instead of just denting the bumper. The guys there were really cool,and very helpfull. Highly recommended! When I asked him not to test drive the car, he said he didn't need to, "when I want to go fast I drive my 6 second mustang". Pretty cool!
Ted

As you know I removed the bumper on mine. The thing is all plastic and weights 15lbs. It's not gonna help the frame much if you get tagged.
I did have the Borla polished as well as the Blower, 3 fluid res. and 4 engine compartment braces.

biffom

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2005
Venice, CA
We also added the programming for 93 octane gas

Question re the gas: When I was traveling across country I noticed that outside California the octane rating is at 93 (or more?) and the max I've seen readily available in California is 91. What's it tuned for from the factory?

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Ford GT TUNE

It is tuned for "91" OCTANE from the factory!!

AMB

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Yes, we are quite the trendsetters here in California. :bang

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
Weve done 3 here at our dealer and my tech is more comfortable removing the exhaust after taking out the clamshell. Hes got it down to about 5 hours to do the exhaust on a gt from start to finish. But he wont do it without taking the shell out to make it easier. And the cars have sounded great as well with the new exhaust. The best is the long tube headers with the muffler removed. Weve had good success with the Ford Motorsports exhaust for the GT. Its a few inches shorter and alot lighter as well.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mod Friendly said:
Weve done 3 here at our dealer and my tech is more comfortable removing the exhaust after taking out the clamshell. Hes got it down to about 5 hours to do the exhaust on a gt from start to finish. But he wont do it without taking the shell out to make it easier. And the cars have sounded great as well with the new exhaust. The best is the long tube headers with the muffler removed. Weve had good success with the Ford Motorsports exhaust for the GT. Its a few inches shorter and alot lighter as well.
You've also done a direct thru exhaust !? How does that compare to my Borla only, and/or to the Borla with the cat less header I have lying (indecided) in your warehouse !? Tell us, mate ! Can we get some sounddownloads aka Tubi, pls ..! :banana

BLS

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2006
Winter Park, Florida
I would love to hear how the FRPP exhaust sounds. Does anyone have a link to a sound bite?

B

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
If you find yourself down in Palm Beach County I'd be happy to let you listen to mine.