front trunk release

FGT4me

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
My front trunk release has always been a little stubborn but now the latch won't release at all when lifting the key operated handle.

Anyone else have this problem?
Any suggestions for a fix (other than a Ford Dealer...yet)?

FGT4me

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
Looks like I would need to remove the splash shield.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Does it release when you press the hood release on the key fob?

My fuel cap does not release when the key operated handle is operated - I have to hook a fingernail under it to release it.

Let us know the solution on yours? I wonder if there is a cable (a bit like a brake cable on a childs bike) that needs to be tightened a little on yours to bring the retaining hook back far enough?

FGT4me

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
Yes Neil, it opens with the fob.

I also believe the cable needs adjusting.
The shop manual says to remove the splash shield to get at the handle and cable. The manual says to remove the 8 screws to remove the splash shield except when I went to do this they weren't screws but rather (they appear to be) those plastic fasteners that you push in (and pry out to remove).
I hate those things!

I have had to deal with those to remove the front fascia on my Viper and they can be a PITA... so I put the wheel back on.

It looks easier to remove the tub (10 simple scrivets) to get at the latch and that portion of the cable but I'm still not sure where the cable is adjustable from.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Just use the remote until you can take it in to a dealer. It's warranty so it won't cost you anything and if anything gets messed up, THEY have to pay for it, not you. Maybe have it looked at when you take it in for it's next service.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
It's definitely the cable so I think the post from Texas is probably the best advice!

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
front and rear hood releases

I picked up my car in July. #1111, The front hood would not close or open well the second day. I removed the panel with the tire pump and readjusted the latch bars forward or backward as needed and it works fine now. The rear was not closing as well . I found the latches here were loose and needed adjustment-no big deal. I just hope everything else is tightened!! (believe me I went over the car after that!) Otherwise great car and I am use to these small problems having owned other low volume exotics such as Ferraris.