Fox Business: Ford To lay-off 12,000 Workers In Europe!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Well, We’ll, Ford Introducing New Vehicle Lineup in Europe. Ford is in the midst of a $11 Billion global restructuring effort. The firm is shuttering several factories in Europe, including the closure of the Bridgend Engine Plant in South Wales and a transmission plant in FRANCE! It’s total manufacturing output in the region will be reduced to 18 facilities at the end of 2020, down from 24 at the start of this year. Ford’s headquarters in Gritain and it’s credit hub in Essex are also closing ,and shifts will be reduced at assembly plants in Germany and Spain. Check Fox Business for additional information!
I’m wondering how close the transmission plant is to LeMans. I’ve been told it’s very close from someone who knows! No names mentioned. European attitudes for next years races should be interesting!

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
Their attitude was already pretty poor in relation to Keating Motorsports it seems?

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Check Bens quote in SportsCar 365 interview! Believe me these closings will have an affect on racing attitudes in Europe about American entries! Ask Ben Keating!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
.......I’m wondering how close the transmission plant is to LeMans. I’ve been told it’s very close from someone who knows!

I’d say about 450 kilometers or 4-1/2 hours driving time.