Ford Gt Racing In Alms

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
According to the January issue of Autoweek:

Doran Racing is developing a Ford GT Supercar to race in the GT2 class. Should make it's debut in FIA European GT3 Chanpionship this season.

PSI is working on a Ford GT to run in the GT3 class in the Lemans series in Europe.

Not much info....I would certainly go see this!! I am sure some of you guys know more info....

Don:thumbsup

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
So this car will actually run at Le Mans? Very cool!

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
According to the January issue of Autoweek:

Doran Racing is developing a Ford GT Supercar to race in the GT2 class. Should make it's debut in FIA European GT3 Chanpionship this season.

PSI is working on a Ford GT to run in the GT3 class in the Lemans series in Europe.

Not much info....I would certainly go see this!! I am sure some of you guys know more info....

It's gonna bee cool to see this, but I will not believe it will do too good - driving in the championship myself since last year. Not that I am not a huge fan and worshipper of my GT here, in the FIA GT championship, it will have no chance I believe. Too heavy, not agile enough around the bends, potentially cooling and brake issues (no matter what pads). It will have tyre problems, just like (and even more) than the Vipers.

But, this is not to discourage the effort. And, we will benefit with cool learnings and improvements from it to be taken to the street cars, hopefully.

For perspective, the Lamborghinis also initially were the dogs, and in the end our Giaccomo Picchini won the Italian GT3 series with it ! This year another 40kg lighter, it will be a blast!

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Maybe a bit heavy what i wrote above, but let's just say I'm sceptical... But it would be a dream if this would produce a highly competitive car !

I guess Ford wouldn't mind either. Just like Lamborghini. Initially disinterested, now all excited and supportive !

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
Psi To Enter 3 Ford Gt's

I got a note last night from Christian Schumacher from PSI. He said they are entering 3 Ford GT's in the FIA GT3 class next year. The press release will be made at the end of next week.

This could be a good reason for SLF360 to invite us all to his place!!!!

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I got a note last night from Christian Schumacher from PSI. He said they are entering 3 Ford GT's in the FIA GT3 class next year. The press release will be made at the end of next week.

This could be a good reason for SLF360 to invite us all to his place!!!!

we definitely need to organize something cool then !:banana

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
Clarification

When I said next year I meant 2007. Which I guess is this year??? I gotta stop drinking so much this early.
Don