Ford GT mods underway!

BP95GSX

Jul 31, 2006
I am installing an Accufab upgraded throttle body, Accufab muffler delete pipe, Accufab reinforcement intake boot, Keene Bell supercharger system with 15psi pulley (highest for 93 octane pump gas they recomend), and Keene Bell ECU flasher in an 06' yellow GT! I think that's everything I have in store for this car. Does this sound like a good mod list? Is there anything you would change? I know stock the cars are suppost to make around 450-460rwhp. How much rwhp do you guys think this car should put out with the new setup? We're hoping for very high 500's to the wheels, but we'll find out soon enough I guess! We are also going to put a wet shot into it afterwards to see how well the car reacts to nitrous. Thanks for your feedback.

How many of you guys actually have this stuff done to your GT's? Do the tires completely rip loose in 1st and 2nd after the mods? In stock form if you just roll on the throttle at lower rpm they dont completely rip loose in 1st. If you bang the 1-2 shift, you'll leave some rubber down, but the car is very easy to control with stock power. How much more of a thrill ride will it be with all the extra power?

The pics of the GT are at this link.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=11786259&uid=4195974

The Ford GT is truly an amazing car. It would be hard for me to pick a 360 Modena or Gallardo over the GT. I like the GT better than those two cars, but putting it against a F430 or Gallardo SE would be a very hard decision. All amazing cars in my opinion though. Thanks in advance!

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
I have Pirelli Pcorsas 345 19 on the rear of my car, much better traction, beneficial mod. If you are having Accufab do the work, you can ask their opinion, they are familiar with the tires.

John B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2006
I have done all of the above except the muffler delete pipe and was very pleased. Couldn't verify hp as the dyno at the shop I used only can handle 400 rwhp. By the seat of my pants it certainly worked! The car is now violently fast.

I ended up removing the accufab throttle bodies as the car would not step back down to idle properly with it on. I believe they may have had a recall to fix the problem. I'll have to send mine back.

Here are some of the other things I have done. I track the car occasionally and most of the following changes were to improve the cars track performance yet dont take away from it's streetability.

Ford motorsport exhaust: Nice tone, 30 lbs lighter, but no significant hp increase.

Ford Motorsport transaxle cooler: recomended for running the car on track,
The car does generate a tremendous amount of heat in the engine area. It actually melted my license plate frame!

Castrol SRF brake fluid & Performance Friction street/ track pads: Hold up much better for track use, no boiling of fluid, work fine on the street.

An extra set of BBS lightweight wheels + Hoosier DOT radials: I put these on for a track day only. The Hoosier "Pseudo slicks" Work MUCH better than than the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercars on track.

Clear Bra: To keep the chips off the car, Can barely see it & it works great.

Last edited:

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I think your stock number is off...at 1500 miles mine did 516 at the wheels...I am going to do it again with 3000 miles on it and see what it picked up if any with more breakin miles.

Some here have gotten 550 stock...with the changes you are making I would be shooting for low 600's.

Matt

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
If you are looking for higest HP gain possible, you should go for the FRPP delete cat pipes. Next to a pulley swab this is where you will find the biggest gain.

I've just completed mine this weekend - and MAN IT'S LOUD!!

FRPP-exhaust.jpg

A member on this bord found 40 HP from this mod alone...

With pulley and stuff the numbers could well reach 630-650 in IMO. (But I'll know before too long..:)

MG0427

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Central Florida
I know it wont be the same but can you do a video or sound clip, I can host it for you if want. I love to see/hear a video of your car. Thanks

Milton

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Milton,

I had one posted in another thread already - Here ya go: SOUND_CLIP

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
You will be in the low 600's...no doubt. Your stock # is way off. The lowest I have heard is 480...and most are 515-525.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Mine showed 535 whp stock

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
californiacuda said:
Mine showed 535 whp stock

Good number. Mine was 531.

BP95GSX

Jul 31, 2006
I must have not wrote it clearly enough. The car hasn't even been dyno'd yet. I was just speculating at stock rwhp being around 450-460. Cool. so it's suppost to be higher which is good! We decided to go with the muffler delete pipes over the cat delete pipes. I think we have decided on the muffler for the simplicity of the install and for the reason NJ is a bitch with traffic stops all over to look for illegal cars on the road. A handfull of cars I've built were slammed for having no cats, nitrous, etc. I dont think this guy is going to want to deal with that hassle, so I wont even recomend the cat delete pipes. I also ruled out the Accufab throttle body. I found that some guy had some trouble with it and Accufab is just about ready to have a bulletproof product. We'll do it in the future when it's more pruven. Anyone else have any experiences with the TB upgrade? I cant wait to put this car together to see if it will hang with a 550rwhp ZO6 we just finished. The ZO6 will smoke the GT in it's current state, but that's no fair! LOL. When the GT is all done up, you guys can expect a battle video of these guys. :banana

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
Dyno Pull

Just got mine done, 2800 miles with Kinetic Exhaust.
Mine has a high RPM miss, plugs?
534 HP & 486 Torque
Don

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
one of 101 said:
If you are looking for higest HP gain possible, you should go for the FRPP delete cat pipes. Next to a pulley swab this is where you will find the biggest gain.

I've just completed mine this weekend - and MAN IT'S LOUD!!

FRPP-exhaust.jpg

A member on this bord found 40 HP from this mod alone...

With pulley and stuff the numbers could well reach 630-650 in IMO. (But I'll know before too long..:)

Actually I think my output finisher will work nicely with this header and look/sound better.

Attachments

• Exit.jpg
    Exit.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 405

XSVSPD

Aug 1, 2006
So Cal
Hi all. This is my first post. My partner and I have an 06 GT that John at Accufab has worked on. He changed the front blower drive, new TB, remapped the ECU and we were the guinea pig for the X pipe. We also pulled off the mufflers but left the cats alone. The dyno at Westech showed 640 rwhp on pump gas. I have the printouts, and will post them as soon as I can. I also want to mention that he saw the intake tube collapsing during the runs and restricting airflow. So I believe he installed a stiffer tube. Next we are hoping to get bigger cams from John. TBC

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
535 as well w/ no mods :biggrin

BP95GSX

Jul 31, 2006
XSVSPD said:
Hi all. This is my first post. My partner and I have an 06 GT that John at Accufab has worked on. He changed the front blower drive, new TB, remapped the ECU and we were the guinea pig for the X pipe. We also pulled off the mufflers but left the cats alone. The dyno at Westech showed 640 rwhp on pump gas. I have the printouts, and will post them as soon as I can. I also want to mention that he saw the intake tube collapsing during the runs and restricting airflow. So I believe he installed a stiffer tube. Next we are hoping to get bigger cams from John. TBC

WOW, that is all the stuff I'm doing! Amazing numbers! I hope we can get close to that. That should be a 135mph+ car down the track!

Have any of you guys drag raced your GT's? Now my blood is really boiling to get things started.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Here is a Hp story for ya.

A few months back myself and a friend dynoed both our cars. His best was 529 hp at 11.75 psi. Mine was 496hp at 10.45psi :bored.
As some of you may know I removed my blower and had it polished many months prior. Well after 1/2 dozen dyno pulls and much conversation with Ford it was found that the polisher skrewed up the pressure relief valve on the blower. (Didn't even know it had one).
The valve was ajusted and the psi went to 12.35 and the Tq jumped 35lbs but the hp stayed flat at less than 500. After several weeks or tinkering and conversing with Ford, we swapped out cats, plugs, reflashed, muffler, Accufab TB and stiffner sleave, and even a smaller pully making 15.45psi boost. However the car was "stuck" at 500hp at 4800 rpm but the Tq was through the roof at almost 600ft lbs.
At this point Ford told me to put it all back to stock right down to the muffler and bring it to the dealer.
After a few weeks of stairing at it the dealer was told by Ford to take it to a private shop in So. Cal that had helped them with some Cobra motors when they wern't making enough hp back in 03'.
This guy puts it on then dyno and first pull it makes 558hp corrected and the second is 550hp.?????????
I then drive the car to the first dyno shop and he makes a pull less than 1 hour later. The car lays down a 555hp corrected number???????? Both dynos showed the same boost at about 12.50psi.
Nobody has any clue as to what it was. My best guess was something was a miss in the computer.
The good thing through all this is the dealer and Ford were willing to do what ever it took to make it right...... then the car fixed it's self. :rofl

BP95GSX

Jul 31, 2006
We got the Accufab muffler delete pipe installed last week! It sounds amazing. I knew it would sound great. I was also surprised at how amazing the pipe fit. Big thanks to Fred and John at Accufab!! The owner of the car was flipping out when I pulled up to his house with the car. He absolutely loves the sounds this car makes.

The owner decided against the blower drive and tune. He is an older guy and doesn't drive the car too hard to need the extra 100whp. I almost cried when he told me he didn't want it. Now I'm dying for another GT guy to come to me so I can do the blower drive/tune/X-pipe install. The owner of the GT also has a Murci and a Gallardo. Wheels, exhausts, clearbra's, lowering, etc for both cars is underway. Pics of all 3 completed cars are coming soon!

Hey guys I have done two GT's with the the Ford motorsports long tube header's and muffler and 2.8" pulley and seeing 639 rwhp!! combined with the short shifter it is quite that package.