Ford GT lunch with Roy Lunn and mini-show

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
On Saturday, December 19, we will have a car-guy lunch for Ford GT owners and a small Show Of Fords at the Lakewood Ranch Country Club, Sarasota, FL. I'm working with Xcentric Gary on this program and we will have Roy Lunn, Godfather of the GT40 and the Mustang 1 Concept with us. Next year Roy will celebrate his 91st birthday and our community will celebrate the 50th anniversary of "his" GT40s winning Le Mans for the first of four consecutive years. I am working with Mr. Lunn and his family to archive and preserve his papers, photos, published SAE papers, etc which will be donated down the road to a research library at an automotive museum.

Any Ford GT owner interested in attending this lunch and showing his car can contact me at MLSchorr@Verizon.Net for all the details. The setting is a beautiful private country club and we will have reserved parking area in front of the club house. With Mr. Lunn attending we should have some neat photo-ops. Lakewood Ranch is located minutes off I-75 in Sarasota.

Photo is of Roy Lunn with me and Gary's GTs.

Attachments

• 5D3_10648 mls:rl hi:lg horiz copy.jpg
    5D3_10648 mls:rl hi:lg horiz copy.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 229

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Count me in.

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
Paul: A separate invitation went out to you earlier. When you get it simply respond and will send all details as soon as I have. let me know if you will be reserving one or two seats. Thanks, Marty

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Okay... You Naples/Ft Myers/St Pete/Tampa working guys that can't make the Car Guys Who Lunch lunches. We'd love to see you! :)

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Jeffie's heading back to Florida in a week or so - don't know if he'll be back there that long, but will be leaving his GT there for the Daytona get-together. Check with him to see if he'll be available....

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
The Boss says I can come. Send me details.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The Boss says I can come. Send me details.

Glad you're coming.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Too bad I don't live closer or I'd definitely be there. Looks like fun to be had telling lies.

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
Beach-GT, drop me a note - MLSchorr@Verizon.Net - and I'll get back to you. Let me know how many people and I'll reserve accordingly. Don't have all details at this time but will send when I do. Marty