Engine Stalling... problem solved.

ZeroVette

Jun 4, 2006
Irvine CA
I had been having a problem with the engine sometimes stalling when I came to a stop. The rpm would always drop to about 200rpm when decelerating through 1mph, then it would either recover or stall when I came to a complete stop.

Dealer said they found a vacuum leak at the fuel filler neck (under the gas cap). I was actually amazed that they were capable of making such a diagnosis, and was equally amazed to find that it did actually solve the problem.

I was horified to hear that the repair involved removing the front right fender, but I am please to report that there is no adverse evidence of their intrusion.

On the downside, a few days later I tried to put gas in the car, but the gas cap would not open. Argh! Another trip to the dealer and a one-hour wait solved that problem. (Did I mention that dealers suck?).

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
ZeroVette

As you are relatively new to the Forum, at least in posting, always do a search as your concerns have probably been discussed. There is a great deal of information available on the Forum and serach function is a great tool.

Dave