End of the GT

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Well, I guess we should make an official acknowledgement of the end of the American run of the GTs.

From my understanding, August 31 was the finish, then they do the Canadian's.

So, Ford, :cheers

If I'm wrong on the date, well :cheers

Dave / Joey. Can you guys find out when the last Canadian is finished - basically the last car and when production is complete?

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
the last american market gt came off the line the morning of august 24th, 2006
total number of ford gt's produced from start to finish will be 4038
the last gt in the world will roll off the line on 9/18/06
thats all she wrote folks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sam
#1451--------red/white
#03-------saleen extreme

Last edited:

ksracing71

Jun 16, 2006
The end is near. Down to around 56 on the line at Troy

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
samthejeepman said:
the last american market gt came off the line the morning of august 24th, 2006
total number of ford gt's produced from start to finish will be 4038
the last gt in the world will roll off the line on 9/18/06

I've heard that number too. Do you know for sure if it includes all? The 101, the Canadian, and the first 10?

Anyone going to be there for the LAST ONE?

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2006
I spoke with a super stealth secret contact at Saleen, who said that all of the GTs had been finished at Saleen and sent to Wixom. '06 #1827 is complete and quality-checked at Wixom, awaiting shipment to the dealer. I'm trying to get Ford to release it to Reliable Carriers. I don't know how many others are there at Wixom.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Probably a dumb question, but does each model year of the GT, get a new number, and reset the VIN (production number counter) to zero? So, last four numbers of a 2006 VIN, let us know what approximate sequential order our car was built?

Last edited:

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
SYCO GT said:
Probably a dumb question, but does each model year of the GT, get a new number, and reset the VIN (production number counter) to zero? So, last four numbers of a 2006 VIN, let us know what approximate sequential order our car was built?

Yes, VINs reset with '06 model year. VINs do not represent build sequence. Once production has stopped we should be able to get build sequence numbers.

My Heritage #1714 was released and got a ready to ship flag on September 7th. Reliable picked it up yesterday, should be at the dealer this week. One of the last US cars built.

Last edited:

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
SYCO GT said:

You are correct, Sir -- the sequence is found in the last four digits. However, the number does not necessarily indicate departure order from the factory line, as some cars require more fairy dust than others to achieve final quality control :thumbsup

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Last GT

According to Mayflower vehicle systems the shipped the last frame to Wixom on September 6. By their count they manufactured 4,038 GT frames for the 2005 to 2006 production run.

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
PL510*Jeff said:
According to Mayflower vehicle systems the shipped the last frame to Wixom on September 6. By their count they manufactured 4,038 GT frames for the 2005 to 2006 production run.

Why would the frame go to Wixom? Shouldn't they go to Troy?

I am sure there were a few that went into company service and a few for crash test purposes etc.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Chris-- so it looks like a certain white car will get some mods. right?
When I saw your post saying that you were back up in MI, I knew you were up to something.
Enjoy.

Manny