GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
hey why not.

Although, a search of expired ebay auctions shows few if any actual sales of Gallardos, Ferrari, GTs.

Not sure why dealers even bother; I think its $25 a pop for a listing (same on Autotrader) and they keep bleeding....

having said that ebay sells more cars by 9am, than an average US dealer sells all yr.!

#1 seller is Mustang, #2 Corvette

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
hey why not.

Although, a search of expired ebay auctions shows few if any actual sales of Gallardos, Ferrari, GTs.

Not sure why dealers even bother; I think its $25 a pop for a listing (same on Autotrader) and they keep bleeding....

having said that ebay sells more cars by 9am, than an average US dealer sells all yr.!

#1 seller is Mustang, #2 Corvette

The black car with the rondel sold for $165k plus the vigorish at B-J.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
It's a very inexpensive form of advertisement. It gets the name out, and they show a lot of pictures of different cars. I used Ebay when we started as a form of advertisement, and that sprouted a lot of good business that we would not have had if we were not on there. They have a reserve which tells me that they are not eager to sell that car, just advertise their name.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
So how much are the cars? Am the only one that thinks that our cars look better than the originals?

Ferrari Beater

Jan 29, 2007
Farmington Hills, MI
So how much are the cars? Am the only one that thinks that our cars look better than the originals?

No. :lol

furlong

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 14, 2007
pennsylvania
Superformance

I was checking out the GT40 reproductions and I found that they are priced around $120,000 with Rousch 427. The ERA models have a stainless steel chassis, and are approx. the same dimensions as the original. When I inquired I was told there was a 2 year wait. The Superformance car is also close to the original dimensions. With the Rousch 427, its a beast. 1G Racing in Ohio has them and will let you drive it. Not real comfortable to sit in.

I thought that the cost is close to the GT and its tough to recoup your investment in a replica car. Plus the GT is more comfortable to drive, you are not laying down as much. Plus the GT has windows that go down.

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Huh ??????????

#1 seller is Mustang, #2 Corvette[/QUOTE]

######### Im not sure what this means or where it comes from . Dealers typically sell new cars and Ebay sells used so its apples/oranges . If your source is comparing "average used car dealer" to Ebay then its not at all remarkable as their are thousands and thousands of small used car lots that sell few cars locally and such merchants would positively skew the mean number of sales

The second statement is even tougher to believe At this time there are 34552 cars for sale on Ebay but only 5.6 % are either Mustangs or Corvettes. How can 5.6 percent of all offered cars be the first 2 in sales ?????????

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Replica's are getting harder and harder to register! They are harder and harder to insure!

Now if Superformance does to the GT40 market what they did to the Cobra Market you are going to see prices sliding down after the flood of cars but how many people aren't going to take a serious look at hmmm do I plink down 120K on this replica...or 120K on the Porsche, Corvette whatever or add about 20-30K and find me a GT??? HMMM...I think they will sell a few but after sitting in one...I have no freakin desire to go there.

Matt

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
To be clear, I have no interest in them other than something pretty to look at. I think they're beautiful. For me, I like the modern conveniences of the Ford GT. There have been some good deals on second hand GT-40 replicas over the past few years. Seen CAV's and other well made replicas sell for under $70,000 total in like new condition where the drivetrain cost the original owner half that amount (over $110,000 the original owner paid with the drivetrain). Yeah, it has power steering by "armstrong", but damn they look great! Wish the exhaust on our GT's came up over the back of the tranny like that so you could really see the "bundle". And the ones that have the webers... the look... the sound ...oh may god they sound great! That is a badass car. My car sounds incredible with the Ford Racing header set-up, but it doesn't sound this good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN-J4Jydnkc

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
To be clear, I have no interest in them other than something pretty to look at. I think they're beautiful. For me, I like the modern conveniences of the Ford GT. There have been some good deals on second hand GT-40 replicas over the past few years. Seen CAV's and other well made replicas sell for under $70,000 total in like new condition where the drivetrain cost the original owner half that amount (over $110,000 the original owner paid with the drivetrain). Yeah, it has power steering by "armstrong", but damn they look great! Wish the exhaust on our GT's came up over the back of the tranny like that so you could really see the "bundle". And the ones that have the webers... the look... the sound ...oh may god they sound great! That is a badass car. My car sounds incredible with the Ford Racing header set-up, but it doesn't sound this good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN-J4Jydnkc

Amen, that is a sweet sounding as it gets. It would be worth the air fair alone to attend Goodwood just to hear that followed by a P3/4.