dyno pulls

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I would like to get a thread going so maybe anyone with a dyno pull can post it. It would be good information if you list the mod's to your machine.

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
Our customer is not really a computer guy, so I'll post this. Only mods are a 2.8" pulley and an MD dyno tune. He should also have something to address the MAF, but the car is getting a custom exhaust fabbed for it and we will take care of it then. This tune was conservative considering it only had 25 miles on it when it showed up at our shop.

graph.jpg

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
tpraceman said:
I would like to get a thread going so maybe anyone with a dyno pull can post it. It would be good information if you list the mod's to your machine.

Tom

There are many threads in existance incating dyno pulls, mods, etc. I think using the search option will lead you to all of them using dyno, mods, modifications and like words as the serach parameters.

Dave

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
barondw said:
Tom

There are many threads in existance incating dyno pulls, mods, etc. I think using the search option will lead you to all of them using dyno, mods, modifications and like words as the serach parameters.

Dave

I think what he's looking for is an easy way to compare different modifications instead of sorting through searches. Maybe it would be a good idea to make a sticky post with only data in it. Just the dyno graph and list of modifications. That way anyone looking to add modifications can look at just that one thread to get ideas/results. Sounds like a good resource.

Ken

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Good idea!

KenBMD said:
I think what he's looking for is an easy way to compare different modifications instead of sorting through searches. Maybe it would be a good idea to make a sticky post with only data in it. Just the dyno graph and list of modifications. That way anyone looking to add modifications can look at just that one thread to get ideas/results. Sounds like a good resource.

Ken
Good idea!

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
KenBMD said:

Ken

That is if everyone will come clean with what they really did.

DAve

Black2003Cobra

Mar 4, 2006
NY
KenBMD - can I get a copy of the RUNFILE for that dyno run? If so, I will PM you my e-mail address. Thanks!

P.S. Can you also tell me how much the boost pressure was, the AFR, and the total timing?

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
Black2003Cobra said:
KenBMD - can I get a copy of the RUNFILE for that dyno run? If so, I will PM you my e-mail address. Thanks!

P.S. Can you also tell me how much the boost pressure was, the AFR, and the total timing?

Hey, are you the same guy who collects all the data on the Cobras? You're a data machine! LOL

PM me your email. Since this was just a baseline, I didn't get the boost info logged (not super important for the tuning) but when it comes back for the exhaust I will be doing a more complete session. I should be around 16-17psi

Ken

Black2003Cobra

Mar 4, 2006
NY
They're on to me! (Yeah, that's me Ken.)

I will PM you my e-mail. Can you also tell me what size the lower drive pulley is for the SC? Thanks Ken!

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Black2003Cobra

The engine lower pulley for the SC is about 7.1". The SC pulley is about 3.25" !!!

AMB

Black2003Cobra

Mar 4, 2006
NY
AMB said:
The engine lower pulley for the SC is about 7.1". The SC pulley is about 3.25" !!!

AMB
Thanks AMB! That info is very useful. (Are you the same AMB as over on ModularFords?)

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Black2003Cobra

YES!! I am; I use AMB on ALL the FORMS. I have 2003 KB Cobra @ 600RWHP and a NEW 06 Ford GT.

AMB

Black2003Cobra

Mar 4, 2006
NY
AMB said:
YES!! I am; I use AMB on ALL the FORMS. I have 2003 KB Cobra @ 600RWHP and a NEW 06 Ford GT.

AMB
Nice! (I hope I can get all these toys when I retire, too, LOL!) Have you dyno'd your GT yet? Do you race it? Please give me your impressions (and any data, of course) when you get a chance.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
hey guys your right i got my new Gt and have been a ford racer since 1974 in ever possible avenue (but always just for fun). So I am the guy who says It's fast enough then I get the ich and little changes just start happening to the car. Heck everything gets a SC my maurader, 69 cougar, wifes 4x4 f-150 and even my excursions have tweaked turbos.

So if we had a post like suggested with dyno sheets and lists of mod's it would help us and others to know what works and don't much faster. and save all the cash tring things that don't.

Great site I was with one of the orginal GT 40 motor heads from ford racing saturday reviewing some videos and even the GT test driver from ford was their and he had some really cool stories to tell...... but they all knew about this site in a good way of course. :thumbsup

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I think we might again be chasing ghosts here (to a certain degree..)..
If the pulley runs are to be comparable, there needs to be a set of parameters as starting point aligned that will rarely be comparable... e.g temp, humidity, altitude, fuel etc, etc.. But maybe, given these offset items -< if identified and interpreted<, it is a worthwhile exercise.. I´ll be watching..
However, I think a dyno pull serves to finetune the ECU individual parameters for any engine in any given state of use. And that is what we are after, ain´t it ? Optimize the performance where you use it, without hurting the machine..

these things are (fairly) easy to be bumped up (see e.g. BaronDW´s posts), so are we to make the car come alive, or to produce some impressive Pedigree papers... ?

... just some thoughts

slf360