Drive safely

AMER SPD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
To all of our friends in Southern California. Drive safely on the PCH.

Here's a link I just received:

http://ktla.trb.com/

Open:

2/21 - Ferrari Destroyed on PCH

1 less Enzo.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
from the video and contrary to what someone posted about the Ferrari getting light in the dip there near Decker Canyon, it looks like he lost control before the dip in PCH..bummer, lucky no one died..

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Typical reporting:

Well over 200 mph when he crashed
The engine weighs 1,500 pounds
A v-8 engine

A probably many other made-up comments trying to incite the public.

Dave

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Interesting that the Police (in an interview) told the reporter that the driver had run off, both airbags had deployed, the passenger had a bloody lip and that there was blood on the drivers airbag but none on the passenger bag.

Now I'm no Sherlock Holmes but........!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
barondw said:
Typical reporting:

Well over 200 mph when he crashed
The engine weighs 1,500 pounds
A v-8 engine

A probably many other made-up comments trying to incite the public.

Dave

Many years back I owned a fire safety business. Many times I would be at the sene of a fire before the press would and stay long after the had gone. Later watching the TV reporter butcher the facts I would often wondered if I was even at the same incident. :bs :smash

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Another one...

Two Exotics Totaled in Highland Park
(CNN --)

Two if the world's rarest exotic cars, The Lamborghini Murcielago and the newly introduced Ferrari Enzo, crashed today in the Park Cities area while street racing. There were a total of 5 teens involved. The Lamborghini apparently was driven by minor Courtney Shannon, daughter of Danny Shannon the owner of a large exotic cars dealership. The Ferarri Enzo, the world's rarest car, was driven by Rebecca West who's father is a prominent attorney. Both girls are of age 17. Three males, Andrew Lambert, Chase Shannon, and a third who's name has not yet been released, were passengers.

Both females and two males are conditioned as stable, while the third male is conditioned as critical. All 5 were taken to Presbyterian of Dallas. Rand Allemande says "I saw the yellow one coming down the street and make a sharp swerve-like maneuver and turn sideways while the other ran into it. Then they both slid into two other cars and that's when I ran inside to get my wife and call the police".

The Lamborghini is valued at $280,000, and the Ferarri is valued at more then $2,000,000.00.

Wrecks.jpg

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
analogdesigner said:
Two Exotics Totaled in Highland Park
(CNN --)

Two if the world's rarest exotic cars, The Lamborghini Murcielago and the newly introduced Ferrari Enzo, crashed today in the Park Cities area while street racing. There were a total of 5 teens involved. The Lamborghini apparently was driven by minor Courtney Shannon, daughter of Danny Shannon the owner of a large exotic cars dealership. The Ferarri Enzo, the world's rarest car, was driven by Rebecca West who's father is a prominent attorney. Both girls are of age 17. Three males, Andrew Lambert, Chase Shannon, and a third who's name has not yet been released, were passengers.

Both females and two males are conditioned as stable, while the third male is conditioned as critical. All 5 were taken to Presbyterian of Dallas. Rand Allemande says "I saw the yellow one coming down the street and make a sharp swerve-like maneuver and turn sideways while the other ran into it. Then they both slid into two other cars and that's when I ran inside to get my wife and call the police".

The Lamborghini is valued at $280,000, and the Ferarri is valued at more then $2,000,000.00.

Wrecks.jpg

I am sure if you do a search you will find this story is a fantasy... not a good one, just an example of an internet troll's work

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
A bit fishy...

bony,

Yeah, it does make for a good story though. When the names of the minors were mentioned, it looked a bit fishy! Jay

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
LEMANSZ said:
from the video and contrary to what someone posted about the Ferrari getting light in the dip there near Decker Canyon, it looks like he lost control before the dip in PCH..bummer, lucky no one died..

It was probably me conjecturing about the dip on the straight.
I don't know which way he was going, but the crash site was pretty much at the area of the dip.
Maybe he simply caught a loose rock, or got scared of the dip and hit the brakes too hard, so many things can go wrong at 170 mph+.
You just don't do this shit on a highway with no divider, multiple side street entrances and loose dirt/rock on the hillside.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
AMER SPD said:
1 less Enzo.

I just wish I had taken the enzo when they offered it to me.... It's a dying species, with all the idiots driving it...

In the meantime, I like the GT as the sensations go right down to the pants, and in case there is an eventual idiot quota (as it seems so far, -following the stupid accidents-) who got the car, I won't be losing money or even depreciating such...!
Hey, can we actually own a supercar and not need to pay for it in the end !? Thank you Mr & MRs Ford ! :biggrin.... and gran pa, of course...

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
SLF360 said:
I just wish I had taken the enzo when they offered it to me....

HOT DAMN! it's fun hanging with you billionares!

:biggrin

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
The latest news from KTLA says the Enzo may have been stolen. Check out the video from 2/24 at:

http://ktla.trb.com/

The plot thickens and the worm turns....
Interesting how the car "cleaved apart" right behind the passenger compartment. Lucky bastards...162 mph.

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
enzo

on an enzo if no one is in the passenger seat will the air bag still deploy?

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Good point detective!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
todd said:
on an enzo if no one is in the passenger seat will the air bag still deploy?

at speeds less than 100 mph probably not, but at 162 mph which was the case of this accident i would say yes

Last edited:

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
yes, the both deploy