Door Ajar Warning Light stuck on

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I took delivery of my GT Saturday, got it home and noticed that the Door Ajar "idiot light" is stuck on. I have reclosed both doors several times and opened and closed the rear deck several times but no luck in getting the light to turn off. I don't think the front bonnet has a sensor that effects this light, but I have tried opeing and closing that as well. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Other than that, this car is awesome and drives like a dream.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I had similar problem - turned out to be low battery voltage. There are several threads here on solving these issues. Mainly, trickle charge your battery and clear the fault codes with an OBD II computer and you should have no more problems. Also, I believe if the clamshell isn't TOTALLY shut tight it will give a door ajar warning. Hope this helps. Enjoy the ride! :biggrin

futuregt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 25, 2005
Have the same problem if the rear clamshell is not closed TIGHT! Also helps to have the car on the battery charger when not driving often

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I had the same problem, but it turned out the trunk was open.

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
By trunk do you mean rear clamshell or front bonnet? :confused

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
He probably means the trunk. That silly little storage area up front.
If any of the doors, etc. don't close properly the light can come on.

Surprising that your dealer didn't mention it if its still on. Maybe I would look for another dealer.

Dave

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
barondw said:
He probably means the trunk. That silly little storage area up front.

I guess you can call it the GT's glovebox. I had the same problem for a couple of days, I opened and closed the doors several times, open and closed the clamshell and still nothing. Finally I opened the trunk and SLAMMED IT shut and viola!

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
This is a surprise as the owners manual indicates that the front "glovebox sized trunk" does not have a sensor.

I agree with the dealer statement. My GTs final resting place is 300 miles away and this dealer will never see it again.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
The manual is wrong. The front does have one, at least on mine.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
mine too

JAM-GT

GT Owner
Sep 29, 2005
Door ajar

I've had the same problem intermittently as well. Each time it's been the rear clam shell not being closed tight enough. It looks like it's closed, but somehow it needs to "click" down one more notch. I literally have to jump up when pushing down on the latch to get it to close properly.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
JAM-GT said:
I literally have to jump up when pushing down on the latch to get it to close properly.

Hi

Went through that. It's not that hard to fix. Look at this link.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=582&highlight=wd40