Don't Know If Anyone Cares

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
But if you have been to the movies lately you would've noticed a trailer for a new movie called "I Am Legend" with Will Smith. Its seems pretty interesting but the most interesting part is that it seems he is 'The Last Man On Earth'(as the preview put it) and his rocking a 2007 Shelby GT-500 Red w/ White Stripes.

You can see the trailer here:

http://movies.about.com/od/iamlegend/I_Am_Legend_2007.htm

More Direct:
I Am Legend Trailer

Quicktime - Low / Medium / High / Super High
Windows Media - Low /

Last edited:

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
Yea, I have seen the trailer. Have not seen the movie. The GT500 is all over the media. Local newspaper had an article about cars in general and had a 1/2 page picture of a white/blue Gt500. (Same color I ordered) The article did not even mention anything about the Shelby, just used the picture because it is the hottest car out there right now. If the Camaro or Challenger ever actually make production, it will be interesting to see if they garner as much media attention. I personally think given the tie in with Shelby (just nameplate or not) and the popularity of Shelby's at the auctions has pushed the demand for the new car through the roof.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Cars wind up in movies because of product placement, it is no accident.

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Cars wind up in movies because of product placement, it is no accident.

That is very true Bony....as always when you guys see a car playing a major role in a movie, it;s usually because it was placed there.......I did all of the cars for I AmLegend. Ford gave me 5 red 2007 Shelbys, and 9 Expeditions. Based on all the stunt modifications, on all of these cars, they had to be destroyed after the movie. SAAC came down and noted all of the VIN # for the Shelby's, and they will be in the next registry labeled CRUSHED. I made a trip to Detroit after the movie, and I saw with my own eyes the destruction of those cars. The only thing they salvaged were the eng/trans for future projects. As far as FGT's, it's not a bad idea if we take SAAC's lead, in marking down anything that happens to these cars, for the future unsuspecting buyer. Bony you know that eventually down the road, these salvaged titles for the GT's will be cleaned so good, no one will know anything. DBK, consider taking the SAAC lead......is there a better reason why SAAC want's to know anything of their Shelby's? even down to modification.....everything is noted and filed.

Just my 2c....

Gino

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Gino is spot on. Jeff Burgy, Cobra Jeff has identified more than half the cars. Of course many of these cars have already changed hands. Jeff is the SAAC registrar for the new FGT.