Cool Ramps "Getting it UP"

Pipelion

These are wheel ramps designed for race cars that have only 2.5 inch front clearance.

www.quartermax.com First click on "On line superstore", then Type "ramps" in search bar, then click on tiny little pics of ramps. $45 bucks.

Allan

Pipelion

Paul,

You have to show me how to use a computer some day before you get a new job. :biggrin :biggrin :wink

Allan

stephenti

Mar 15, 2006
Hi Everyone... I've been lurking for a while, going back and forth between the GT and Gallardo as the next ride... good info here, glad to finally sign up. And yes, I'm still on the fence!

Anyways, regarding the ramps, $45 is way too expensive. You can get identical ones at discountramps.com (no affliation) for $29.99 per pair, or two sets (4 ramps) for $54.99.

I bought 2 sets of these for my shop, which work great when working on low-clearance vehicles.

Stephen

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Good news

How can you know so much about good ramps and not figure out about the better car? Thanks for the tip.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Not so cheap

I checked this website, and the ramps more fitting a GT with wide tires are more like $175.

Pipelion

Hi Stephan and welcome!

Ya, $211 by the time you pay shipping. But they are taller than the ones I posted by two, almost three times.

Stephan, do you know something we don't. PS Get both. :biggrin

Allan

stephenti

Mar 15, 2006
fjpikal: Ha... but of course!

BTW, I'm not sure if you guys are looking at the right ramps... but, these are the ones I was referring to, which look identical to the ones previously posted:

http://www.discountramps.com/plastic_car_ramps.htm

Pipelion

Stephan,

You're absolutly correct. They look identical, and are cheaper. They are under a different catagory. They picture them with a car, "THEY ARE TINY", but they would get it up, but the tires would hang off the sides. Unless you put two next to each other.

Thanks,

Allan

PS The $179 ramps are also cool. They are under "race ramps". They raise the car 8".

Last edited:

Pipelion

Stephan,

The discount ramps people have the minis on ebay for $29 and free shipping.

Allan