Coil Overs

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
Does any body know where I can get adj coil overs for the GT?

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
Havent seen anything online yet, but usually someone like H&R would be the first company to have a full kit out for it. Rears are adjustable but Ive never seen the front to be able to tell you if they are adjustable or not.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
I hope that some come available soon. The sae report from Ford concering aerodynamics says that if the rake is increased the downforce on the front is increased. It also states that by increasing the rake the uplift on the rear is increaded. I think an approach with the car at higher speeds on a smooth surface would be to lower the entire car 1 or 2 inches, maybe put a little rake in it and possibly a little nose weighting because the car is rear end heavy. Thanks for letting me post my thoughts.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
centerpunch said:
The last thing you want at high speeds is more uplift on the rear!

Afraid of uplift, and backfliping your GT???
I think we are talking therory here... unless you plan on maxing out at 200MPH + when going over a crest... :eek

PS: I've have Öhlins coilovers in the making as we speak... the will be very tasty indeed...

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
one of 101 said:
Afraid of uplift, and backfliping your GT???
I think we are talking therory here... unless you plan on maxing out at 200MPH + when going over a crest... :eek

PS: I've have Öhlins coilovers in the making as we speak... the will be very tasty indeed...

how much, i would like a set

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Dave,

I'll have mine in 3-4 weeks, and when they are done I'll get a price for others intersted...

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
one of 101 said:
Dave,

I'll have mine in 3-4 weeks, and when they are done I'll get a price for others intersted...

what are the specs on the shocks. full adj coil overs? i have ohlins on my zx-10r that i race. good stuff.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
davefordgt said:
what are the specs on the shocks. full adj coil overs? i have ohlins on my zx-10r that i race. good stuff.

Great stuff - then you know the quality of their products.
I'm going for the 46HRX which is a 3-way adjustable shock...

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
will this be a bolt on for the gt.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
davefordgt said:
will this be a bolt on for the gt.

I've sent away my standard shocks, and Öhlins will make me a custom bolt-on set...