Centerpunch question - 2005 production

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Hi

Posted this question on a different thread.

"What is the last 2005?
Since there is talk about the 3500 - 4000 car run, does anyone know the serial number of the last 2005? Since the 2006s are out, seems we should be able to get the tally. I see that 2005 number 2030 is on ebay at the moment."

AMB had respond to the question saying he had seen a listing for 2005 number 2069.

I see you just updated the prices forum (thanks for a great site - please keep doing your work on it :thumbsup ). You indicated 547 in 2004, and 1890 in 2005. Do you know the actual number of 2005's?

I would assume the 547 are late 2004 for the 05 model year, but naturally some 06's are probably at the end of the 2005.

Any ideas? Can we get a finite number of 2005's and the last number some how?

Anyone else have anything solid for numbers?

Thanks

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
I know someone doing a Wixom tour either today or tomorrow. I'll call and tell them to ask the guide/whoever what the last 2005 stamped VIN# was.

Your car was parked next to the Carerra GT at Pavillions a few months ago right?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
June 05 VIN

My red with white was built in June 05 and has VIN 1297. It was invoiced before the increase, so I did not have to pay the increased price.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
August 2005 VIN1564 if that's any help... Neil.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
50 BMG said:
I know someone doing a Wixom tour either today or tomorrow. I'll call and tell them to ask the guide/whoever what the last 2005 stamped VIN# was.

Your car was parked next to the Carerra GT at Pavillions a few months ago right?

That would be great if they could get that information. Since at least numbers 2030 and 2069 are out there, 4000 units seems very likely, and maybe even a couple more by the shut down date.

Yes, that was me at the Pavillions (did we get a chance to talk?). Got a good reaction from the group there (the Pavillions is a large Saturday night gathering of local hot rodders / car guys). Can't say the guy in the Porsche was real friendly - parked the car and moved away so people could see the car, but he did not talk to anyone. That was a shame. I talked with a whole bunch of people about the GT.

I know you are / were on the SVT board. Did you get a GT, or thinking about one?

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
AZGT said:
That would be great if they could get that information. Since at least numbers 2030 and 2069 are out there, 4000 units seems very likely, and maybe even a couple more by the shut down date.

Well bad news, they can't get into Wixom until Friday which is the day they are leaving. So no answers from me.

I'm sure DBK or someone can get the answer for us...

AZGT said:
Yes, that was me at the Pavillions (did we get a chance to talk?). Got a good reaction from the group there (the Pavillions is a large Saturday night gathering of local hot rodders / car guys). Can't say the guy in the Porsche was real friendly - parked the car and moved away so people could see the car, but he did not talk to anyone. That was a shame. I talked with a whole bunch of people about the GT.

I know you are / were on the SVT board. Did you get a GT, or thinking about one?

Never got a chance to talk with ya, but I think your son was by the car talking about it.

The guy in the Porsche is kinda like that (from what I've heard).
I think this is him:
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41965

I'd love to get a GT, just not in the cards right now.

Last edited:

RickM

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2005
Boise, ID
My VIN# is 2032 (Red/White).
The highest 2005 VIN's I've seen are 2067 & 2068 (on ebay).

-RickM

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
centerpunch said:
I toured the Saleen plant yesterday, and was told that '05 production was between 2000 and 2100 cars.

Did they not know, or was if more of just a general statment?

So if 2068 was on eBay, let's see if anyone locates one above that.