Carroll Shelby's Ford GT?

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
Does anyone know if Carroll Shelby owns a new Ford GT? You would think, being Ford's consultant, he got one. But I haven't seen one around, even at his plant at those barbeques he throws once a year. Shelby also had 50 or so Shelby modified Vipers for sale at a NH dealer a few years ago so I am surprised there is no run of special Shelby-modified Ford GTs for sale someplace. Maybe not enough production capacity to spare cars for that purpose.

I heard (maybe read it here) that Dan Gurney has one, bought as a present by his wife. His is the only one with a Gurney bubble (for the tall driver with helmet).

Cruious what other famous racing people have bought a new Ford GT.

Sir Jackie Stewart could afford one, with all the millions Ford paid him for the losing Jaguar F1 team.but being Scotch, he may be waiting for one for free..

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
He has the Mule (#1)in his showroom in Vegas

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
bitzman said:
I heard (maybe read it here) that Dan Gurney has one, bought as a present by his wife. His is the only one with a Gurney bubble (for the tall driver with helmet).

Sir Jackie Stewart could afford one, with all the millions Ford paid him for the losing Jaguar F1 team.but being Scotch, he may be waiting for one for free..

First Gurney's is not the only one with a bubble. SVT has at least one pre-production car with the bubble and feels that some one else has added a bubble.

Jackie Stewart will never spend his own money, so you are correct that he will wait until some one presents him with one. He didn't get rich by spending his own money, he spends other people's money very well.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
bitzman said:

lmao, comments like that assure me that you and I would get along just fine in person :lol

bitzman said:
Cruious what other famous racing people have bought a new Ford GT.

Kazunori Yamauchi :biggrin