Carbon Fiber??

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Hey guys.
My GT will be here in less than 2 weeks and I am already planning on some mods.
I was curious if anyone knows of any Carbon Fiber Interior parts, or even CF rear diffuser replacements. I got spoiled to all the CF in my Turbo, so I just wanted to find out what exactly is available, or what may be in the works so I do not have to explore the custom route.
Thanks!

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Just for the record, I do not like rice, unless it is fried, and yes, Carbon Fiber can be done tastefully.

Pipelion

Roc,

I thought you were going hard on the guy, as well as misunderstanding he was talking about a Porsche.

Then I see your reposting, your own post. Oh well.

I'm not a big fan of brushed aluminum or whatever it is but, Porsche too is using brushed magnesium in the Carrera GT.

The whole tunnel plate can be removed, which would give you a perfect master to make a mold for a CF peice.

Let us know what you do.

Allan

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
ROCMAN said:
Hey guys.
I was curious if anyone knows of any Carbon Fiber Interior parts, or even CF rear diffuser replacements. I got spoiled to all the CF in my Turbo, so I just wanted to find out what exactly is available, or what may be in the works so I do not have to explore the custom route.
Thanks!

I haven't seen any CF parts available yet but I'm sure every owner is hungry for custom parts to make his car unique. If you build it, we will come!! :lol

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Mark G. who is doing the GT-X1 conversions is talking about making a CF aero kit that will include front splitter, side splitters, and rear diffuser. Cost is pretty expensive. Maybe, if there are enough of us, he could be convinced to give us a group buy rate. He told me that all four pieces would be attached at the factory locations. He wants the diffuser to look more "finished" like the Ferrari F430..

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
to be honest, it looks similar to the one the F430. Not at all finised.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Here is a quick PS

Attachments

• GTcarboninterior_med.jpg
    GTcarboninterior_med.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 193

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
a bit ofd sarcasm, if you don't mind

Thats not Carbon ! That looks like Kitchen tiles, or the new Bounty 'Extra fast' absorbent Papertowel..

Man, you can't be serious ! I'd rather see a burberry design on it..

leave it as it is, and if in need, get a 430..

no punt inteded, buddy.. just my 50cents

slf360

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
agreed... the only issue with the aluminum is not to scratch it with rings and jewelry. Most C3 Vette consoles have to have the aluminum panels replaced for this reason.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Radio looks interesting - definitely not "Mac" :eek

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Man, this is a tough crowd! I did say it was a quick Photoshop.
I have not even sat in one yet. I have no idea if I will like it stock or not.
I am just passing time waiting, and waiting, and waiting. It left Maryland on Tuesday. Here is a pic of it getting loaded! :biggrin

Attachments

• MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 82

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
dbtgt said:
Radio looks interesting - definitely not "Mac" :eek
The Mac will be one of the things going, assuming that I do not like it. I have been into sound systems for almost 20 years, so I have high standards, and by the sounds of it, it will not cut the mustard.
Now, I just have to figure out if I want Alpine, or Eclipse.