Cady for sale

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Fellow members,

It is with some hesitation that I am selling my wonderful 1958 Model 62 Sedan. I have owned this lovely car for around 3 ½ years. She is a 100% original and completely unrestored survivor.

It has the original rubbed lacquer finish of alpine white over versailles green. The original upholstery is in green venetian and green victoria cloth. The paint and interior are all original. The engine and transmission have never been out of the car. The trunk is original, with the jack and the wooden wedge to go under the tires. The engine bay is very nice and clean. The car spent 46 years of its life in California so there is ZERO rust. There have never been any accidents or body work. The car has been fastidiously maintained by its prior owners and by me. I have most records.

The car drives wonderfully. It is tight and tracks straight down the road. The odometer reads approximately 83,000 original miles. I have driven it on 200 mile trips without pause. Everything on the car works as intended (clock is finicky but I have a spare). It has power seats and power antennae. It comes with the original owner’s manual and all books.

It's history:

In December 2004 we purchased this car in California from its second owner, a fellow Cadillac LaSalle club member, with only 80,000 fully documented miles. He purchased it in 1982 from the first owner, also in California, with only 69,000 miles. The car was originally purchased from the Cadillac dealer in Oakland, California in March of 1958. The dealer’s sticker is still in the glove box. The car remains completely original and unrestored. It is a smooth, quiet, and powerful driver.

I have spent a lot of money having it fully sorted by a top restoration shop for American classics and a retired GM engineer in my town. In the past few months the car underwent a full comprehensive service ($2000) and is ready to drive anywhere. It previously has won an AACA trophy in the HPOF class, in addition to trophies in some smaller shows.

I also have some miscellaneous spare parts and other items too, including a bolt of cloth from SMS that matches the interior.

I am asking $28,000 for what I think is an irreplaceable tight, original car. You know the cliche, they are only original once. It really is true. Feel free to contact me to further discuss her. Car is located in NE Florida area and is available for a discriminating inspection.

Attachments

• Caddy 01.jpg
    Caddy 01.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 204
  • caddy 2.jpg
    caddy 2.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 202
  • caddy 3.jpg
    caddy 3.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 199
  • caddy 4.jpg
    caddy 4.jpg