Anyone seen these Official Ford GT mats?

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Anyone seen these Official Ford GT mats? It's definitley the correct logo, but who makes the mats? How do they fit in the car? Anyone know?

http://www.fcdealerstore.com/default.cfm?fuse=productDetail&item__code=S7821&user_category=GENACC

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
I dont think they are for the ford gt. When you press ford gt on the side, there are no floor mats for the car. Just cup and pictures, oh and a pen.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
They are the Ford "GT" logo, so I know they're for the car. The "GT" logo in that form (connected curved edges, etc.) was designed specifically for the Ford GT and it is never used with the Mustang, etc. They have separate mats for the Mustang anyway. If you look through the website by clicking on different categories, you will find there are many items just for the Ford GT that are not in the Ford GT section. Like this cool keychain:

http://www.fcdealerstore.com/default.cfm?fuse=productDetail&item__code=S75004&user_category=GIFTACC

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Anyone seen these Official Ford GT mats? It's definitley the correct logo, but who makes the mats? How do they fit in the car? Anyone know?

http://www.fcdealerstore.com/default.cfm?fuse=productDetail&item__code=S7821&user_category=GENACC

Given the choice, I think I prefer the deep pile Lloyd's(?) most of us bought a while back. JMHO.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Given the choice, I think I prefer the deep pile Lloyd's(?) most of us bought a while back. JMHO.

I think these might Lloyd's anyway. Remember Lloyd's got the rights to the Ford logo a few months ago, and I don't think Ford hands out those rights to every mat manufacturer.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
I think these might Lloyd's anyway. Remember Lloyd's got the rights to the Ford logo a few months ago, and I don't think Ford hands out those rights to every mat manufacturer.

The give rights to anyone who pays the licensing fee. But Ford can still do what they want and offer carpets or whatever. There can also be multiple vendors offering the same item, there is no exclusive deal.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I'm pretty sure these are for the Mustang GT. Who would want tan mats for their GT?

Edson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 28, 2007
Santa Monica
I just saw a mustang GT drive by with the same logo as the mats. I looked closely becasue I read this post earlier this morning.

Jim Thommen

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Bethel,Ct
When you check inventory it states for a Mustang.Too bad though!

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I just saw a mustang GT drive by with the same logo as the mats. I looked closely becasue I read this post earlier this morning.

You're right, I haven't owned a Ford in 35 years, so I obviously have no idea that they were using the same typestyle on the Mustang. And, I didn't click on the item to add it to a cart, and when I did the Mustang name came up.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Reminds me of when Chevy started to urinate all over the ZR-1 gene pool.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
The Lloys mats have FORD GT on them plus the VIN of your car if you wanted it.