A Pillar / Vision

Gruntled

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2005
How long did it take to get used to the wide A-pillar and limited rear vision? Do the mirrors eliminate blind spots?

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Very Short time. I only use my rear view mirror to look at the super charger. I drive a truck all day with no rear window, so all of my driving is using my side mirrors.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Its a non-issue except when backing-up and then you need a passenger or helpful pedestrian to guide you.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
My only issue with visibility is stopped at a light. I'm 6'3" and if I am first in line the visor and roof line block my view of the light. The pillers were somewhat of a pain at first but now don't even notice them.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
It takes some getting used to but now I just check around behind me before I get into the car and then just back up using what little visibility I have. You can see enough to feel comfortable once you do it once or twice. To change lanes I just nail it and pass the car in front of me before changing lanes so I KNOW whats beside me.
As for the A pillars, yes they block your vision in a left curve and take some getting used to.
Front visibility is greatly aided by removing the wipers. I keep them wrapped in a towel in the trunk just in case I get caught in a surprise downpour. No tools required.

FGT4me

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
I don't like the A pillars and never will.
Fortunately it's not my track car.