What's an SVO tech? Do you mean SVT?

Oops. I meant SVT.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Big Carrot said:
I got mine changed last week. The dealer that I took my car to had a SVO certified tech, but he had never done an oil change on a GT. They quoted me $86 on the phone, and even though it took them 3 hours to do it, they honored the price! Hell of a deal! I would have paid that for the oil and filter if I would have done it myself!

Yes!! Heck of a deal- I'm paying 350 smackers. It's getting done right now.

Manny

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Big Carrot said:
I got mine changed last week. The dealer that I took my car to had a SVO certified tech, but he had never done an oil change on a GT. They quoted me $86 on the phone, and even though it took them 3 hours to do it, they honored the price! Hell of a deal! I would have paid that for the oil and filter if I would have done it myself!

Too good of a deal. Better make sure they used the right oil and not some 10-30.

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
AZGT said:
Too good of a deal. Better make sure they used the right oil and not some 10-30.

lol I thought the same thing so I made sure. They just goobed the price, so they honored what they told me.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Big Carrot said:
lol I thought the same thing so I made sure. They just goobed the price, so they honored what they told me.

In that case, I think I'd go back there for your next oil change :biggrin

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
AZGT said:
In that case, I think I'd go back there for your next oil change :biggrin

I doubt it will be that cheap next time, but I'll go back and pay their normal price just because they didn't try to charge me more than they quoted me the first time!