11 Sec. Dodge Challenger Burnout Video

JTHennessey

Jul 28, 2008
Houston, TX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebm7Z_A0t2g

We should have the full 1/4 mile video up in the next few days.

Hennessey Performance Engineering - Home Page

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Sounded like a weeeee bit more super glue needs to be added to the rear tires during a run! :lol :cheers

JTHennessey

Jul 28, 2008
Houston, TX
'Sounded like a weeeee bit more super glue needs to be added to the rear tires during a run! :lol :cheers

Definitely agree with you... Traction would of helped the car get in the low 11s or even 10s based off the trap speeds!

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Very impressive. I have yet to see one of these in the flesh. A friend looked at one and said that it is a fairly large car as compaired to the original, early Challenger. What is the weight and final drive ratio of your car? What other mods have you made?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Must have seen 6 last weekend in Monterey including a SRT version at Russo Steele

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Very impressive. I have yet to see one of these in the flesh. A friend looked at one and said that it is a fairly large car as compaired to the original, early Challenger. What is the weight and final drive ratio of your car? What other mods have you made?

A stocker is 4,140 lbs.

3.06:1 rear end w/auto...3.73/3.91 with the 6-spd when they come out (acc'ding to a Mopar site I was on a while back).

Last edited:

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Thanks for the info Larry. A 4100# street car with 11 sec qtr's is very impressive. I would love to see a writeup on this one. Larry, what are you driving these days? I know you had to replace that GT with something substancial. :wink