Opinions wanted GTX-1

Loscavio

GT Owner
Jan 22, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi guys, I’m new to the forum but wanted to talk to you guys about my recent purchase. My trek started 2 years ago when I was told by a Ford dealer (that I recently bought a truck at) that they would get me a new GT. 6 weeks later I was called and told they had to return my deposit and were unable to get me a new GT (I saw it coming). So last week at Barrett I decided to go shopping. 12 drinks later I came home with a Red GTX-1. It’s the first GT I’ve ever driven and must say it’s by far the most fun car I’ve ever driven. I’ve got a ton of questions but let’s start simple. Based on my research only 38 GTX-1’s were made. (I’ve seen various number stating less than 100). The car has 7k miles on it now. So now I’m wondering how to determine the worth of the car? Is there any premium on the GTX-1’s? Image-34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loscavio

GT Owner
Jan 22, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
Second Question for the Scottsdale guys, where do you have your GT’s serviced?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You are correct. Best thing is to hook up with the other owners of gtx1s. Post some contact info here for them get in touch. 7k miles is not much. The Scottsdale owners get together pretty often.

Loscavio

GT Owner
Jan 22, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
Done! I’m in North Scottsdale and willing to talk to anybody and everybody that’s willing to chat! 702.480.2385. The more info the better!

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
So now I’m wondering how to determine the worth of the car?

I'd say that, by definition, it's worth what you paid for it. Willing buyer, willing seller, all that...

Loscavio

GT Owner
Jan 22, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
Agreed. I spoke to the owner only to find out he sold 10 cars at auction and this was one of the “cheapest”. He also sold a Mclaren Senna and a few other crazy 7 figure cars. He wasn’t to worried about this one but said he was surprised it didn’t go for more.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Did this owner tell you this was the only RED one ever made?

Agreed. I spoke to the owner only to find out he sold 10 cars at auction and this was one of the “cheapest”. He also sold a Mclaren Senna and a few other crazy 7 figure cars. He wasn’t to worried about this one but said he was surprised it didn’t go for more.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Congrats and welcome !! Lot's of great GT owners in AZ. .. Here's what left of the sub-section.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/33-Ford-GTX1

Not wanting to throw cold water on your purchase. The guy who did the conversions ended up being a real tool. The car was cool but didn't appeal to many of the hardcore GT / GT 40 fans, kind of went against the essence of the car. Some view it as GT going from race car heritage to boulevard cruiser mode.

The conversion methods were questionable and affected the structure integrity of the car. We have a guy here who has driven a few on the track where the change in the structural rigidity is noticeable.

With that said most guys who did this wanted something cool and different. They are rare. I personally like the look of the car but never had a desire to own one.

You like it and that's all that matter's , it's worth what you paid for it. In the future what will happen to the value is really hard to say. Rare cars can bring more money just because they are rare and not really reflecting a comparison to a original unmolested GT

Take care of it and Enjoy !! Meet some other GT owners and you'll be in good company

Last edited:

Loscavio

GT Owner
Jan 22, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
No, but I heard the announcer say that when I watched the video at home. This was the Red and White GTX from Austin. Based off what I have seen, I believe there were 2 or 3 made in Red with White.

Loscavio

GT Owner
Jan 22, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
I love the look, and I’m starting to understand the rarity. I love the open top driving experience. As I’m seeing what others have sold for I’m kinda wishing I would’ve bought a regular GT with 30 or 40k miles on it so I wouldn’t feel bad about putting miles on it!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Your car isn't bone stock (mine either) I would not worry one bit about miles. Only the 100% stock cars gain value by having low, low miles.

Drive and enjoy!

Loscavio

GT Owner
Jan 22, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
Mines bone stock, but you are right. I see cars with 56 miles and 842 miles on them. So I’m not in that ultra low category. Might as well!

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Just drive it.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Mines bone stock, but you are right. I see cars with 56 miles and 842 miles on them. So I’m not in that ultra low category. Might as well!

Oh, I thought a GTX1 was a post title, non-Ford modified car.

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
From a multiple gt owner and fellow gtx1 owner the appeal to me is strong. I enjoy the open top motoring experience and am willing to accept the loss of structural integrity in exchange for the open air experience. Clearly not a track car but terrific weekend cruiser. Enjoy it!

Attachments

• 20181201_163712.jpg
    20181201_163712.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 188

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
congrats on your purchase. I think you got a good deal on your purchase. And, from what I see, the GTX continues to carry a premium over a relatively similar standard GT. Enjoy it and welcome to the club.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I've taken mine on the track, to the Mile events, cruises, from L.A. to Texas, etc.. The car is a blast and hasn't given me any trouble.

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
seems like they could have just made the car with T tops by modifying the doors instead of chopping the integrity out of the car

Loscavio

GT Owner
Jan 22, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
Thanks everyone for the feedback! Very helpful!

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Thanks everyone for the feedback! Very helpful!

Take it to Scottsdale Cars & Coffee this Saturday. Been a long time, if ever there has been a GTX1 at C & C. Would love to see it!:thumbsup