ZR1 ar msrp

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Kirby:
Just asking, how is it your dealer is getting 6 ZR1's? If memory serves, it took highly rated Ford dealers the better part of a year to get a 2nd GT, and this dealer is receiving 6 ZR1's right off the bat? Amazing.

6 is the allocation he received from Chevrolet. He believes that will be his total allocation for the '09 model year. It's Tom Jumper, part of the Bill Heard conglomerate, which is one of the largest volume vette dealers. He said less than 10% of the almost 4,000 Chevy dealers have/will received allocations. This dealer's 1st build date is early August. Thinks he will receive a car about every 60 days. The orders have been placed for all 6 allocations. :cheers

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Look, I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but a ZR1 at anything much over MSRP is just plain goofy. Haven't we been through this before with the
1st ZR1? Don't get me wrong, I love the new ZR1 and really applaud GM/Chevy's making it in this kind of economic environment. At or around MSRP it is a terrific supercar buy. However, the Z06 is such a good value that it probably makes the ZR1 superfluous for most people thinking about the ZR1. I remember the 1st ZR1 and the "unique" body, lights, etc. that lasted about fifteen minutes before the standard Vette morphed into a ZR1 lite in appearance. And that's the real problem. Even if the current ZR1 looks dynamite, it will still be doggone close to the standard Vette. Like it or not, it will never stop traffic like a FGT does, and yes I know I'm biased. But I also remember taking my '73 Pantera L to a mega dealer that handled both Chevy and Acura in the early '90's. The dealer had a ZR1 and an NSX in stock that my brother and I went to look at, and yet their own salespeople were enamored with the Pantera. I see the same thing now with my GT. This car is unique, and short of a few Italian exotics, nothing comes close.
The ZR1 @ MSRP is a steal, but like it or not, will still be a Vette. Would I buy one at/around MSRP? Yes. Would it make me harbor the passion that the GT's design does? No.
I Agree. I like the ZR1 but it looks like a Z06 with a glass hood insert and a chin spoiler. If they get to MSRP or less I might be a buyer.

Last edited:

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
My brother just bought a new Z06 for more than 10k off MSRP!! That is good performance for the dollar.

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
I have a friend that is getting his ZR1 at MSRP and he is getting a car that is under build #10. Early bird gets the worm.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I have a friend that is getting his ZR1 at MSRP and he is getting a car that is under build #10. Early bird gets the worm.

Tell your friend to sell to me for a couple grand over! :biggrin