ZR1 ar msrp

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
If anyone who is not interested in buying a ZR1 knows a Chevy dealer who will sell one for msrp, please let me know. It's not likely...but the day I purchased my 1st FGT for msrp, it had a sign on the windshield stating the price was $295,000. Apparently fewer than 10% of the 3900 Chevrolet dealers are receiving the 1st year allocations. I discovered my 20+ year business relationship with a local dealer means nothing where the ZR1 is concerned. I'm totally anal about not paying over msrp for any car, and also about repaying favors. :cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
... I'm totally anal about not paying over msrp for any car, and also about repaying favors. :cheers

'My kinda guy!!! :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :cheers

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Let's see now, how many favors do you owe me? And I don't mean anal!

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Let's see now, how many favors do you owe me? And I don't mean anal!

Uhhh Frank I know that whole California marriage thing has you on edge but ...... :rofl:rofl:rofl

Kirby, will call my local dealer and see what can happen. They called a bit ago to offer the allotment ... let me see if they still have it.

EDITED //// From what I was told dealers are selling cars between themselves at 50 to 75K OVER sticker.... its going to be a sit and wait. How many units made and for how long. I don't see it being a car like the GT especially when they don't look that much different from the 40K car.

Last edited:

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Good luck. What are they delivering 300 or so? There is a list on Covetteforum of all the dealers getting one. But it looks, and this is insane, like they are already asking 4X MSRP. Yes you heard that right KIDDIES - you too can have a Corvette for teh low low price of $400,000.00

http://jalopnik.com/396780/dealer-g...vette-zr1-to-amazingly-insane-price-of-413000

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
...Yes you heard that right KIDDIES - you too can have a Corvette for teh low low price of $400,000.00

http://jalopnik.com/396780/dealer-g...vette-zr1-to-amazingly-insane-price-of-413000

That is insane. I doubt any will be sold at that price, but getting one for MSRP is unlikely unless you have a very large volume of business with the dealer. e.g can pay MSRP for a ZR1 if you also buy 20 Chevy trucks that I cannot move for MSRP too.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
That is insane. I doubt any will be sold at that price, but getting one for MSRP is unlikely unless you have a very large volume of business with the dealer. e.g can pay MSRP for a ZR1 if you also buy 20 Chevy trucks that I cannot move for MSRP too.

...and thereby making the purchase price of said MSRP ZR1 about $400K anyway - so to speak!

MAYBE I could see someone (not ME) paying $400K if the ZR1 was a radical looking mid-engine car? But, to pay that for the existing car (which really isn't much different in looks from any other C-6 as far as the general public is concerned) really doesn't seem too thrilling an idea to me.

Last edited:

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Yep, I'll agree.... although the engine technology & brakes have improved significantly over the normal production car, the rest is not much more than a riced out C6 that only a true enthusiast could identify...

but I'd still like to be the first on my block to own one.

mardyn

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...but I'd still like to be the first on my block to own one.

mardyn

But, I'd wager NOT at $400K?

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
My dealer received allocations for 6, all of which he claims to have presold for 50,000 over. It's a supply/demand and instant gratification thing. The loaded ZR1 is about 117,000 and unless demand remains high beyond the first approx 2,000 cars, they should be at or below msrp for 2010 models. I purchased a C6 Vert and 2 Z06's from my dealer in the past 2 years, all at msrp, but never again, not even an oil change or warranty work. :cheers

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I know of a better car for less money. Another Ford GT. If it is slower than the ZR1 it will be time for mods.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I know of a better car for less money. Another Ford GT. If it is slower than the ZR1 it will be time for mods.

'Can't fault that logic... :cheers

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Look, I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but a ZR1 at anything much over MSRP is just plain goofy. Haven't we been through this before with the
1st ZR1? Don't get me wrong, I love the new ZR1 and really applaud GM/Chevy's making it in this kind of economic environment. At or around MSRP it is a terrific supercar buy. However, the Z06 is such a good value that it probably makes the ZR1 superfluous for most people thinking about the ZR1. I remember the 1st ZR1 and the "unique" body, lights, etc. that lasted about fifteen minutes before the standard Vette morphed into a ZR1 lite in appearance. And that's the real problem. Even if the current ZR1 looks dynamite, it will still be doggone close to the standard Vette. Like it or not, it will never stop traffic like a FGT does, and yes I know I'm biased. But I also remember taking my '73 Pantera L to a mega dealer that handled both Chevy and Acura in the early '90's. The dealer had a ZR1 and an NSX in stock that my brother and I went to look at, and yet their own salespeople were enamored with the Pantera. I see the same thing now with my GT. This car is unique, and short of a few Italian exotics, nothing comes close.
The ZR1 @ MSRP is a steal, but like it or not, will still be a Vette. Would I buy one at/around MSRP? Yes. Would it make me harbor the passion that the GT's design does? No.

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
Look, I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but a ZR1 at anything much over MSRP is just plain goofy....
The ZR1 @ MSRP is a steal, but like it or not, will still be a Vette. Would I buy one at/around MSRP? Yes. Would it make me harbor the passion that the GT's design does? No.
+1
I spoke to one of my friends who is a Chevy dealer. No dice for MSRP and I'm not interested at anything higher.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Kirby:
Just asking, how is it your dealer is getting 6 ZR1's? If memory serves, it took highly rated Ford dealers the better part of a year to get a 2nd GT, and this dealer is receiving 6 ZR1's right off the bat? Amazing.

ftmyersgt

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Ft. Myers, Fl
ZR1 at MSRP

My local Chevy dealer already Ebay'd his one allocation for $40,000 over MSRP. I don't blame him one bit. If someone is willing to pay, do it! I am in the motorcycle business and if I could do the same I would.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Look, I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but a ZR1 at anything much over MSRP is just plain goofy. Haven't we been through this before with the
1st ZR1? Don't get me wrong, I love the new ZR1 and really applaud GM/Chevy's making it in this kind of economic environment. At or around MSRP it is a terrific supercar buy. However, the Z06 is such a good value that it probably makes the ZR1 superfluous for most people thinking about the ZR1. I remember the 1st ZR1 and the "unique" body, lights, etc. that lasted about fifteen minutes before the standard Vette morphed into a ZR1 lite in appearance. And that's the real problem. Even if the current ZR1 looks dynamite, it will still be doggone close to the standard Vette. Like it or not, it will never stop traffic like a FGT does, and yes I know I'm biased. I see the same thing now with my GT. This car is unique, and short of a few Italian exotics, nothing comes close.

And I was just going to type that! VERBATUM

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
My local Chevy dealer already Ebay'd his one allocation for $40,000 over MSRP. I don't blame him one bit. If someone is willing to pay, do it! I am in the motorcycle business and if I could do the same I would.

Nor me, hope he can ebay off his allocation of Malibu's and Volt's:thumbsdow

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
1st ZR1? Don't get me wrong, I love the new ZR1 and really applaud GM/Chevy's making it in this kind of economic environment. At or around MSRP it is a terrific supercar buy. However, the Z06 is such a good value that it probably makes the ZR1 superfluous for most people thinking about the ZR1. I remember the 1st ZR1 and the "unique" body, lights, etc. that lasted about fifteen minutes before the standard Vette morphed into a ZR1 lite in appearance. And that's the real problem. Even if the current ZR1 looks dynamite, it will still be doggone close to the standard Vette. Like it or not, it will never stop traffic like a FGT does, and yes I know I'm biased. But I also remember taking my '73 Pantera L to a mega dealer that handled both Chevy and Acura in the early '90's. The dealer had a ZR1 and an NSX in stock that my brother and I went to look at, and yet their own salespeople were enamored with the Pantera. I see the same thing now with my GT. This car is unique, and short of a few Italian exotics, nothing comes close.

It does not stir my soul at MSRP

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The best thing about the ZR1 is that now the Z06 is not the top dog. I suspect one can get a great deal on the Z06s now and they would make a great daily driver.