ZL1 = 580hp

H

HHGT

Camaro lines are gorgeous? You mean the 69 SS right? I went yesterday and drove the 3/4 pickups from GM, Ford, Dodge, and the 1/2 ton Tundra. The GM even being brand new already seemed to have more rattles than any of the other three. They just don't make a very tight vehicle. I drove the Escalade with my brother when he was SUV shopping. Not even in the same ball park as the Lexus LX470 he ended up with. Sorry, I don't see how anyone could find a GM product to be anything other than a plastic rattle trap. I think all the modern musclecar replicas are pretty sad facsimiles of the originals. They could have been so much better than the over bloated final product.
In 2007, I drove all the Diesel 4x4 3/4 ton and Chevy smoked all of them in every category. I have 50,000 miles on it today and not a single rattle. I have more rattles in my 2007 S550 Mercedes with 12,000 miles. In a span of 10 years or so, Ford used 4 different Diesel engines. It will be a while before I buy a Ford heavy duty truck - If you dont believe me, as an Excursion Diesel owner. My wife has owned several Escalades - the 2008 was the biggest turd ever.

As far as all this brand warfare, its childish. Last time I checked, majority of today's cars are mostly Chinese & Mexican parts and many are assembled in Canada. When someone tells me they will only buy this brand over that brand, I roll my eyes. http://autos.aol.com/article/is-your-car-really-american/

One of my saddest moments were a couple of years ago during the 4th of July while boating on the Colorado River. All the US flags on the counter of the store were made in China.

I'm going to bed.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
As far as all this brand warfare, its childish.

Amazingly ironic coming from you. Might want to change your avatar and profile.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Amazingly ironic coming from you. Might want to change your avatar and profile.

:agree: :lol

Sam should have bought a BMW instead of than MB. Mine doesn't rattle at all!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Just for laughs, and although it is not the 'Ring, here is a list of cars from Top Gear from their TV segment, as driven by 'the Stig' (not T. Cantwell :biggrin). I don't think you'll see a Camaro anywhere near the top of that list. Seems the Ford GT is a pretty respectible car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Top_Gear_test_track_Power_Lap_Times

You also might think about vehicle age when you read this list - kind of interesting.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
That lil' Atom is nothing to mess with, is it! :lol

('Can't even IMAGINE 500 h.p. in one of those!)

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Just for laughs, and although it is not the 'Ring, here is a list of cars from Top Gear from their TV segment, as driven by 'the Stig' (not T. Cantwell :biggrin). I don't think you'll see a Camaro anywhere near the top of that list. Seems the Ford GT is a pretty respectible car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Top_Gear_test_track_Power_Lap_Times

You also might think about vehicle age when you read this list - kind of interesting.

How much would that have changed if the FGT had the same up to date top of the line tires some of the cars further up the list have?

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
How much would that have changed if the FGT had the same up to date top of the line tires some of the cars further up the list have?

And, we have a winner.

Nearly a ten year old design, but updated with current tyre tech and a suspension alignment, might just surprise one. Sure as hell would dust a Camaro kitted out with its latest stuff.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id

At the ring I would guess at least 15 seconds.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona

Gentlemen,

With sticky tires the Ford GT is a completely different animal. Matech said the basic FGT chassis and layout are probably the best of all current cars. The weakest link in the FGT IMO is the stock tires on the track.

Chip