you might be a redneck if...

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
pretty sure. Will have my buddy driving my 575.

cool there is also an urban speed meet kinda like the cars and coffee it the second sunday of the month I will let you know about it later,

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
cool

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Roush, good time to paint the whole car RED!

:lol:lol:lol:lol

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
I would leave it blue...but then again, I wouldn't mess with the valve covers either.

Impressive job of disassembly! Good thing you have a spare to keep you from going into withdrawal....

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I would leave it blue...but then again, I wouldn't mess with the valve covers either.

Impressive job of disassembly! Good thing you have a spare to keep you from going into withdrawal....

I assume your talking about the emblem, cause the car is black:biggrin or at least thats what I have been told

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

I'm going to get a pair of silver 3 inch ovals and sport them as cuff links. :biggrin

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I'm going to get a pair of silver 3 inch ovals and sport them as cuff links. :biggrin

Problem is you have to take them off when going through airport security.......

Long week and yes I was wearing great cufflinks:thumbsup

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
While you got all that stuff off the front of your car, why not go ahead and do the brake cooling ductwork? You're the master of fabrication and DYI! Sanjay is right...having two GT's keeps you from going into withdrawl and DT's when one of them is getting fixed. AC

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
While you got all that stuff off the front of your car, why not go ahead and do the brake cooling ductwork? You're the master of fabrication and DYI! Sanjay is right...having two GT's keeps you from going into withdrawl and DT's when one of them is getting fixed. AC

Master of DYI - is that as in Doing Yourself In? :wink

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Black Ovals:

http://planetauto.homestead.com/index.html
http://www.billetbadges.com/products.htm

Or you could do what this guy says: ""Easy steps to changing the background color of Ford emblems - Derek Hartman
I've been picking a lot of things up from the Ranger Forum lately, and this one takes the cake. This is a VERY simple way to change the background color of your Ford Emblem, it doesn't have to be blue! All it takes is some sand paper, paint, and some clear coat. Here are the steps:

Step 1 - You will need to get the actual blue center part of the emblem out of the chrome casing that's around it. To do this, use a hair dryer or heat gun and spend about 5 minutes heating both sides of the emblem. The center part is held on with some apoxy. Once it is heated good, use something flat (such as a knife or small screwdriver) and pry the center part out.

Step 2 - Once you have the center part out, sand the back until all of the left over apoxy and the blue part is off. It will look a clear/white color when you sand all of the blue paint off. I used 150 grit sandpaper to do this because it was the only thing I had around the house. Once all the blue paint is off the back of the center part, wet sand LIGHTLY to smoothen everything out.

Step 3 - Mask off the front of the emblem, and spray the sanded side with a color of your choice (I chose black). Allow to dry THROUGHLY!

Step 4 - When the paint is dry and you remove the tape, you see that the background color is no longer corporate blue, but the color of YOUR choice! If necessary, wet sand the front side of the center piece and spray a few coats of clear coat onto it. I did this because I had a few chips from rocks, etc.

Step 5 - Replace the center piece back into the chrome surround using double sided tape or apoxy. Re-attach the emblem to your Ex, and enjoy!"

No affiliation with these guys. Bony, they're not sponsors, so you may edit this if need be and I'll just PM Soroush.

I had a few extra of these sitting around that a buddy of mine gave me some time ago so I decided to try it out on one of them before I attempt to do the one on the car. It took me all of 1 hour and this project was complete. I did replace the one on my car today as well and it turned out great.:thumbsup One thing I must tell you is the chrome outer ring is very soft especially when applying heat and it is a little nerve racking finding the right tool to pry the blue center out without doing damage to the chrome ring. I did leave the badge on the car when removing the center emblem so applying heat to the back of the badge was impossible to do. It did help practicing on a couple of spares before doing the one on the car. Looks pretty sharp on a black car.:eek

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7959&stc=1&d=1227488235

Attachments

• IMG_4449.jpg
    IMG_4449.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 148

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Here is a picture of it on the car. As you can see I am not the best photographer:ack

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7961&stc=1&d=1227492266

Attachments

• IMG_4452.jpg
    IMG_4452.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 190

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Here is a picture of it on the car. As you can see I am not the best photographer:ack

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7961&stc=1&d=1227492266

thats the look I am going for, good job:thumbsup I will try it myself this week. will post results.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

good point about the duct work, but it is impossible to find a clear path for the duct to travel to the brakes, there is a lot of crap in the way, :lol unimportants stuff like the washer bottle on the driver and the charcoal canister for fuel vapors on the passenger side, however if you look closley at the front of the car you realize quickly that the opening in the front of the car where the primary source of air hits the radiators is way smaller than the size of the radiators them selves, in essence the air hits only about half of the surface of the radiator, I am thinking about ducting some air from the front scoops to the upper portion of the radiator to see if that helps with cooling, should be easy enough project, did I just say that, I just jinksed myself:biggrin I havent had anytime to realy sit down and think about it too much but I will come up with something.

Master of DYI - is that as in Doing Yourself In? :wink

oh no! :willy :eek

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
honarable mention.