Yellow Calipers on Red GT

H

HHGT

yellow_brake2.jpg

Playing with Photoshop. I like printing these on very large canvas. Perspective is much better from a distance.

Attachments

• yellow_brake2.jpg
    yellow_brake2.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 168

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Satin black looks better. Gloss black is a pain in the ass to keep clean. A three piece wheel looks good with a gloss black lip, but again, it's like a dust magnet. I put those HRE's on the no stripe blue car and just pulling it out of the garage would create a noticeably visible dust layer on the gloss lips. Levers and gas cap is a pretty big pain, but worth it. I'd ask Rich Brooks but I'm pretty sure it requires fender removal.

That was the blue TT car on Shelby's site? That car was stunning. I think having carbon fiber disks would complete the blacked out look nicely as well. I wonder if I'm related to the gentleman that just won the mega millions jackpot :)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, this one:

web.jpg

It's hard to tell because it looks pretty subtle in the pictures, but you can definitely tell in person.

Satin black on red with black levers and caps (don't copy too much!)

26349_66535.jpg

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Having ran satin black wheels before its a catch 22, especially if you live in a dusty climate such as in Denver. With silver wheels you get a very quick coating of brake dust within a few miles that drives me nuts. With black wheels you don't see the brake dust but you sure see dirt dust in a hurry. With a clean wheel OCD there's no way to win.

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
Looks great. The stock vs modified debate has held me back as well. At some point you decide I plan on keeping this car for many years so why not do to it what I like I guess. I'm getting close.

RL is the "DBK" of F Chat. Damn Mark, what kind of bad behavior got you banned!?:biggrin. I read a lot of stuff on F-chat in the Vintage, 360, and Texas sections...but don't post much.

Told a joke that wasn't well received, got a 7 day ban, did an alias screen name and told a REALLY off color joke just to piss the guy off. Got a permanent ban for that one LOLROF!

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Satin black looks better. Gloss black is a pain in the ass to keep clean. A three piece wheel looks good with a gloss black lip, but again, it's like a dust magnet. I put those HRE's on the no stripe blue car and just pulling it out of the garage would create a noticeably visible dust layer on the gloss lips. Levers and gas cap is a pretty big pain, but worth it. I'd ask Rich Brooks but I'm pretty sure it requires fender removal.

I thought about a vinyl wrap for the levers and possibly fuel cap to avoid the need to remove the fenders and keep the change easily reversible.