I think people would get it.

LOL

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Harsh---but funny.

Look at some special ed Vipers from 96 or 97 (Vegas Vacation had one) The ketchup and mustard look has a limited but faithful following (I am not one of them)

Ah, yes that would be known as the McViper.

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
I have only found one application where, red, white, and yellow look good .... really good.

Attachments

• KC.jpg
    KC.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 2,874

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Award winning.

This is the best damn thread so far this week! :lol It made my day.

Chip

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Conversely, how do red calipers look on a yellow car? I think if you matched the chrome yellow of the GT to your calipers, it might not be bad.

H

HHGT

I have only found one application where, red, white, and yellow look good .... really good.

Now I'm a Chiefs Fan....

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Post pictures pls. BTW, who is RL?

RL is the "DBK" of F Chat. Damn Mark, what kind of bad behavior got you banned!?:biggrin. I read a lot of stuff on F-chat in the Vintage, 360, and Texas sections...but don't post much.

Last edited:
H

HHGT

Okay, someone just told me of a renowned GT owner and GT expert had a Red NSX with Yellow Calipers.
Fess up and post pictures... you know who you are...
Clue: Little Green, Big Green....

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
yellow_brake2.jpg

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ

Lukewarm, that is some wicked photoshop talent!

However, there is NO need to photoshop my previous post pic. :biggrin

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Haha well actually...

KC.jpg

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
The more I look at that pic, no not that one, the one of my GT in black, the more I think I might have to find me a quality powdercoat guy :biggrin

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
IMHO, Red cars should have silver calipers.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
I couldn't get silver to come out at all. Leaving them red but then again this a yellow caliper thread not a black wheel thread sorry.

red_brake2.jpg

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Luke, here is mine with black wheels and red calipers. IMO the car takes a step back on the classy look but makes a big leap towards nasty.

Attachments

• FuhrmanGT_007.JPG
    FuhrmanGT_007.JPG
    194.6 KB · Views: 304
  • FuhrmanGT_013.JPG
    FuhrmanGT_013.JPG
    214.2 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
A agree with that assessment 100%. I've thought about since before I took delivery from Shelby in 09. For me the only way it would work would be if the wheels were at least semi gloss and the fuel and hood latch levers are black as well. Flat black might look good on a track car but is too raw on a street car IMO. How hard is it to remove the levers and find black Ford GT stickers? Sorry for the temporary hijack.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
My wheels are after market 19 & 20's. The wheel is satin but the lugs, bolts and center cap are gloss. The center cap has had the GT logo re-etched and is raw alum. I thought about blacking out the gas cap, latches etc. but in the end I wanted to be able to return the car to stock without a bunch of hassle. On another note after those pics were taken I removed the side stripes but left "FORD GT" like yours, I really like that look.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Looks great. The stock vs modified debate has held me back as well. At some point you decide I plan on keeping this car for many years so why not do to it what I like I guess. I'm getting close.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Satin black looks better. Gloss black is a pain in the ass to keep clean. A three piece wheel looks good with a gloss black lip, but again, it's like a dust magnet. I put those HRE's on the no stripe blue car and just pulling it out of the garage would create a noticeably visible dust layer on the gloss lips. Levers and gas cap is a pretty big pain, but worth it. I'd ask Rich Brooks but I'm pretty sure it requires fender removal.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Looks great.

Thanks! I'm very happy how my GT turned out and I only have $42,695.02 total invested INCLUDING the NEW purchase price of the car in Aug. '05 AND all the mods. (you know having saved big $bucks$ off the heavy discounted price for it being red).