Wow

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
Good news - Bad news

The good news is that I am home safe.

The bad news is that I am home and not hanging out with all the great people that were there.

Thanks again everyone for a great time.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Central Texas Next Year

The Hill Country is beautiful....many scenic, winding roads. The Texas Mile is nearby. Tracks are close. Austin is my suggestion. The Oasis on Lake Travis is a spectacular sight. I know people and places!. Conveniently located, easy to get to. Early summer (June) or fall would be best. What say you DBK??

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I am having to let reality set in as I keep thinking I am gonna go outside into a parking garage full of my GT buddies. Cant wait to see you guys again! I think we need a rally-holics anonymous to help all us guys who cant stay on the band wagon.....

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Unfortunately we didn't even get to see Jim flex his auction muscles. All someone had to say was "nobody is going to outbid me on that blue car" and he would have definitely tripled his bid :lol I believe I recall a story about winning a motorcycle he didn't even want or know how to ride on similar principle :lol

Don't tell Jamal :secret:

I even bid against myself twice! Hey, it was worth it for the Vets:thumbsup

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
I fell asleep at 8 pm last night and I'm STILL in Vegas! I must be getting old. :lol

lots of fun......till next year :cheers

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I fell asleep at 8 pm last night and I'm STILL in Vegas! I must be getting old. :lol

lots of fun......till next year :cheers

It was a pleasure meeting you Lee, we are still out here but leaving early for our 3 day trek home to the sunshine state!

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
I too just want to chime in and say thanks to all the great people I met at the rally.:cheers

A bigger thanks to those unfortunate ones who hung out with me! :screwy:

Great event DBK:thumbsup

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
A bigger thanks to those unfortunate ones who hung out with me! :screwy:

Great event DBK:thumbsup

Especially when you told me about your "profession!" :lol

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
Especially when you told me about your "profession!" :lol
Yea huh...Ron looks like a friggan CHP narco:lol...BTW Merrill Lynch is hiring :thumbsup

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I am having to let reality set in as I keep thinking I am gonna go outside into a parking garage full of my GT buddies. Cant wait to see you guys again! I think we need a rally-holics anonymous to help all us guys who cant stay on the band wagon.....

How to cure "POST RALLY DEPRESSION"

Take some of the posted rally pics, blow up to life size images onto cardboard, and place them in the several pristine GT's that you do have nearby.

Then, at Rally IV, you can raffle off the lifesize original Bony, DBK, and Bouncy standees to the highest bidder! I suspect Bouncy might even break an auction record... :banana

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
Yea huh...Ron looks like a friggan CHP narco:lol...BTW Merrill Lynch is hiring :thumbsup

I guess the cat's outta the bag...Now you know why I don't worry about the speed limit.

:driving:

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
What a great time! Thanks, DBK and all your helpers for putting together such a great event!!

1.) Track time = addiction. Today was in the process of renting the Blackhawk Farms Raceway for the second time this year.

2.) Really long and openly visual straight stretches of smooth Nevada four lane = really fun speeds. Set a new high for me ... and of all the damn things, my wife was in the passenger seat egging me on and reading the speedometer! Damn, now that's a switch ..

3.) Ford GT Forum members = Really, really, really great people!

Had a ball, looking forward to number 4. No matter what the event the people and the cars will make it great ... that said, however, a track would be nice ... to feed the addiction ...

Now for some rest ....

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
OK ,Ron ,
I'll bite .What do you do ? You seemed pretty normal to me ,well kinda anyway !!
Ron (the other one )

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan

Uhhh what are the going to call it now:confused
Lynched by BOA?

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Finally back in Copenhagen after a long and boring plane trip!

Being quite new to the Ford GT Forum and not knowing anyone, we were very uncertain what the trip would be like.

I have got to say thay it has been one fantastic trip! Great to meet so many fantastic people!
Thank you to everyone who has been involved in making this Rally III what it was, thank you for the wonderful hospitality and helpfullness and tnak you for making us feel welcome and a part of the group right from the start in Scottsdale.

Some highligts for me were of course the experience of driving/riding in the GT which I had never before. Thanks to Bony for letting me drive his car and damn you Ray for forever ruining my view on stock type supercharged GT´s by taking me on a trip in your TT´d Heritage :):)

See you next year :cheers:cheers

We took a bunch of pictures, so if you would like us to email you some, send me a message on.

a.nannerup@compass.dk

Anders

39290_Las_Vegas_1_518.jpg

39291_Las_Vegas_1_589.jpg

39292_Las_Vegas_1_492.jpg

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
is that us getting a ticket? heritage and stryc9?:willy for those who dont know the story I will make a post. I dont want to hijack this thread.

anders, it was good chatting with you at the wednesday dinner? sorry you couldnt bring your gt. next time!

Last edited:

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
is that us getting a ticket?

There but for the grace of God...

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
No that was not you!!!

is that us getting a ticket? heritage and stryc9?:willy for those who dont know the story I will make a post. I dont want to hijack this thread.

anders, it was good chatting with you at the wednesday dinner? sorry you couldnt bring your gt. next time!

Those were just some guys from Nevada or California or something. They were not on the rally. I am not even sure that is a GT..

Anyhow they took one for the team, because that was a big strait downhill stretch and we would have been kicking some dust.

What a day!!! :cheers:cheers:cheers

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Just a note to those that attended. It would be a good idea for us to take a minute and send out thank you emails or phone calls to the sponsors. I am sure it would have been $$$ without their help. :thumbsup

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just a note to those that attended. It would be a good idea for us to take a minute and send out thank you emails or phone calls to the sponsors. I am sure it would have been $$$ without their help. :thumbsup

Don't worry, I will make the customary big post soon. Unfortunately I am now at Palazzo and the internet is inexcusably slow. Like awful, terrible, completely uncooperative slow. Wired or unwired. I will never stay here again. I'd hate to make a 2000 word post and have it endlessly load the page, like it has been with about half the pages I try to visit.