Wow

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
And boy did they smoke that vette's tires.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
We were lucky to have Mark McGowan at our table during the auction dinner.

He confirmed, along with the Nardo, Italy, Ford GT, that the laws of nature permit 212 mph in a stock car. :wink

But that happens only in Italy, mostly on the A4....:biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
its a forum member, he didnt bring his car the vette was rental.

Aaaaaaaaah!

Thankee, soroush. :thumbsup

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The thrill rides were my favorite !!
Any videos ??

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Had a great time. Met a lot of nice people having fun.

I stayed after the Rally & drove stock cars on the LVMS oval at the Petty school. One of the instructors asked me if I was enjoying going 150 mph at the school. I didn't have the heart to tell him that we drove faster than that getting to the track!

Ed

PS Soroush stay in TX - I think the Rally might be there in 09!

Can anyone help name all the SVT guys in the picture? I know most, but I don't know all. All these guys were nice enough to sign the prototype I purchased, and I would like to thank each of them.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Can anyone help name all the SVT guys in the picture? I know most, but I don't know all. All these guys were nice enough to sign the prototype I purchased, and I would like to thank each of them.

attachment.php

Starting from Left to right

Mark McGowan (driver), I can never remember the next one, Jamal, Fred, Kip, and Rich

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Tom, is the one you were missing. Gene also arrived on friday, the day after when this photo was taken. Alex was there as well, but also not in this picture.

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Tom IS PROBABLY THE UNSUNG HERO OF THE GT PROGRAM ;
Tom Reichenbach, Vehicle Engineering Manager, Ford GT
Tom Reichenbach's first car was a wrecked 1959 Corvette, bought from a junkyard a year before he received his driver's license. Reichenbach, with his brother and father, spent three months restoring the car, from refinishing the body to repairing the engine, transmission, differential and brakes. That experience got Reichenbach interested in everything that makes a car go, stop and turn.

As the vehicle engineering manager for the Ford GT, Reichenbach is responsible for everything that makes the supercar go, stop and turn. Reichenbach reviews the impact each proposed design change has on the overall feel and performance of the Ford GT. To ensure the Ford GT meets all of its performance targets, Reichenbach also oversees aerodynamic, vehicle dynamics and chassis development.

Reichenbach holds a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from Michigan State University as well as a master's degree in mechanical engineering from University of Kentucky. Reichenbach started at the Ford Electronics Division, where he developed on-board electronic systems for Ford Racing and the first fuel-injection system on a Champ car. This led to his assignment as vehicle dynamics supervisor for Ford Racing, where Reichenbach provided technical support to Winston Cup, Trans Am and Formula 1 teams. Also of note Tom is a 2 time SCCA national champion .
Best of all a truly wonderful, fun person ,who I am honored to call my friend .
Tom don't tell anyone that you made me kiss the ring !!! Ya it was worth it !!!!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Heck yeah !!:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

Tom IS PROBABLY THE UNSUNG HERO OF THE GT PROGRAM ;
Tom Reichenbach, Vehicle Engineering Manager, Ford GT
Tom Reichenbach's first car was a wrecked 1959 Corvette, bought from a junkyard a year before he received his driver's license. Reichenbach, with his brother and father, spent three months restoring the car, from refinishing the body to repairing the engine, transmission, differential and brakes. That experience got Reichenbach interested in everything that makes a car go, stop and turn.

As the vehicle engineering manager for the Ford GT, Reichenbach is responsible for everything that makes the supercar go, stop and turn. Reichenbach reviews the impact each proposed design change has on the overall feel and performance of the Ford GT. To ensure the Ford GT meets all of its performance targets, Reichenbach also oversees aerodynamic, vehicle dynamics and chassis development.

Reichenbach holds a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from Michigan State University as well as a master's degree in mechanical engineering from University of Kentucky. Reichenbach started at the Ford Electronics Division, where he developed on-board electronic systems for Ford Racing and the first fuel-injection system on a Champ car. This led to his assignment as vehicle dynamics supervisor for Ford Racing, where Reichenbach provided technical support to Winston Cup, Trans Am and Formula 1 teams. Also of note Tom is a 2 time SCCA national champion .
Best of all a truly wonderful, fun person ,who I am honored to call my friend .
Tom don't tell anyone that you made me kiss the ring !!! Ya it was worth it !!!!

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
I was lucky enough to have lunch with Tom and Kip on the day of my departure. Both top noch guys.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I was lucky enough to have lunch with Tom and Kip on the day of my departure. Both top noch guys.

Most definitely. We are all extremely lucky to have access to these guys. I loved it at the Ford Dinner when they were asked what one thing they would have changed about the GT program and the instant response was "Nothing" That was priceless.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Ok, finally my rally pics .

Attachments

• IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0278.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0314.jpg
    IMG_0314.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0322.jpg
    IMG_0322.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 115

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
rally pics

more pics

Attachments

• IMG_0323.jpg
    IMG_0323.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0325.jpg
    IMG_0325.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0326.jpg
    IMG_0326.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0327.jpg
    IMG_0327.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 113

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
nice pics Ron

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
rally pics

more

Attachments

• IMG_0328.jpg
    IMG_0328.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0331.jpg
    IMG_0331.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0355.jpg
    IMG_0355.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0356.jpg
    IMG_0356.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 111

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
rally pics

pics

Attachments

• IMG_0363.jpg
    IMG_0363.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0371.jpg
    IMG_0371.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0378.jpg
    IMG_0378.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 112

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
our friend

rally pic

Attachments

• IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0342.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 110

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Ron.... did you drive the Cobra on the track? Would enjoy reading your comments.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ron and I both drove the Cobra after everyone had bailed. It was in really poor condition from being smoked on the show circuit but it's a real live car. Felt really cool from behind the wheel with a tremendous rumble out the exhaust. Easy sale for FMC.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Ron and I both drove the Cobra after everyone had bailed. It was in really poor condition from being smoked on the show circuit but it's a real live car. Felt really cool from behind the wheel with a tremendous rumble out the exhaust. Easy sale for FMC.

Man that's awesome !