Wow its great to be a newbie.

SANCHEF

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2010
Delaware
We are still not out of the woods on this one. 894 keeps failing emission @ Delaware Motor Vehicle..
We are showing no emission fault codes but we have three "not ready" codes.
Catalyst Not ready
EGR and Evap. Not ready
Since there are no codes DMV tells me its a DRIVE CYCLE issue.
Does anyone know the EXACT drive cycle sequence for a FGT. My Ford dealer and local diagnostic TUNNER expert can't find it recorded anywhere so I am driving but driving out of sequence which won't allow the system to reset.
I have tried fast driving , slow driving steady driving, etc and the codes are not resetting to READY state.
I have not been able to find the drive cycle particulars anywhere.
I have driven close to 500 miles to no avail.
We all know the definition of insanity. I am reinforcing it by my continued drives to nowhere.
My temp tag expires shortly and the dead of winter is setting in so no more cold rides. HELP !!!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
You might have an aftermarket tune installed. If the tune turns off any of the smog stuff it will never set a ready code. If this is the case you need a to restore the stock tune, or at least get one that enables all of the smog stuff and then drive around for a while.

SANCHEF

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2010
Delaware
BlackICE you are right.
The car has a 700 tune and the tuner has sent and we have installed a "Turn ON" tune and still I get NOT READY codes even after driving for close to 500 miles.
I am told the trick is a certain sequence to the drive cycle that no-one seems to have in their tuner because this is a limited production car.