Wine Suggestions for a novice

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Pockets ............ holy cow . you O.K. ?

I can suggest some fine cubans !!!!!!!!!:thumbsup

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh CIGARS !!! :lol:lol

cuba_cigar_350.jpg

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion

:lol:lol:lol:lol
Hey Rocman ................ how's the back?

Hope your doing well.:thumbsup

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
:lol:lol:lol:lol
Hey Rocman ................ how's the back?

Hope your doing well.:thumbsup

It's a tad better. I need booze to help take the pain away. :biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Pockets ............ holy cow . you O.K. ?

I can suggest some fine cubans !!!!!!!!!:thumbsup

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh CIGARS !!! :lol:lol

:ack:ack:ack:ack:ack

Wine my eye! WHERE'S THE MAKER'S MARK!!!!! :ack

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
:ack:ack:ack:ack:ack

Wine my eye! WHERE'S THE MAKER'S MARK!!!!! :ack

One more thing ................ where's the ashtray in my GT ?:rofl

Omega_man

GT Owner 2005 #248
Mar 19, 2007
S. Florida
I see you already have some good suggestions. Depending on your date & if she has not drank much wine, I usually suggest a white Zinfandel (a blush). It's sweet & chilled & have seen women who don't usually drink like it. Next its good to go mild reds, most Pino Noirs are lighter wines & you usually can't go wrong with one. The Cabinets & Merlos reds & are heavier, where you can really tell whats in it. Some can be very strong.
Generally, you can see through a glass of Pino, and the Cabs & Merlos being heavier are more opaque. These are general rules as I have seen some of either be way off.

My vote is go for a Pino of some kind with a bit of a chill.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Some of the following is always worth a gargle - you should find them on most wine lists...

Anything from St Estephe, St Julian, Pauillac, Pomerol or Margaux. These are all Bordeaux (red) wines and if you can find a 2000 you should find it very mellow and easy to drink. There are dozens of different Chateaux in each of the regions - Langoa Barton and Leoville Barton are personal favourites, Talbot and Ormes des Pez are others... 1985 is sublime but can be a little pricey.

On the white look for Montrachet - which is pronounced 'Mon, ra, shay'. (Most folk add the T in the middle), this is pretty decent.

Anyhoo, good luck.

N

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Thank goodness I spilled the Veuve and not the Montrachet... great taste in wine.
Ron Barton has really improved his wines over the last few years.

But.... these are hardly entry level wines for someone who claims a sweet tooth.
In fact what he is really saying is he doesn't like the tanins and acids. That eliminates most reds except shiraz and most whites, viogniers and spatlese, auslese rieslings might be acceptable? Again, a great tasting bar would be the way to go.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Bony & wine

Bony - my wife & I are waiting for you to come up & join us for a GT wine country trip. We can scout things out for the possible 08 Rally!

Ed

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Bony - my wife & I are waiting for you to come up & join us for a GT wine country trip. We can scout things out for the possible 08 Rally!

Ed

I think that is something we need to put on the radar screen.:thumbsup