Windshield Skin Report

AJK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I bought one of these but never had it installed. I want to put it on prior to Rally IV.
Are they fairly simple to install, and if not, anyone recommend an installer near the West LA area?
Thanks. :thumbsup

My original plan was to have the paint protection installer do the windshield film also but after he saw the film he called in a window tint guy to do it and it came out great. I don't know LA but from my experience I would suggest finding a window tint person.

AJK

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
My original plan was to have the paint protection installer do the windshield film also but after he saw the film he called in a window tint guy to do it and it came out great. I don't know LA but from my experience I would suggest finding a window tint person.

AJK

Makes perfect sense. Thanks! :thumbsup

H

HHGT

Contact Shaun Heiland at www.ultimateautocare.com He has doen many GTs in SoCal.

Tell him Sam sent you..

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Thanks Big Sam! :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Window tint installer is your best bet. Will take them about an hour.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Be sure to have the window tint guy do it .Its not something you want to screw up !!Its a big plus if you know what your doing .
After all you are going to be looking thru it for a long tome !!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Be sure to have the window tint guy do it .Its not something you want to screw up !!Its a big plus if you know what your doing .
After all you are going to be looking thru it for a long tome !!

Conversely, it is a big minus if the installed is not done right as some have posted in the past.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Windshield skin repair

When my wipers went out, the tech who fixed them ran the wipers dry to see if they worked. They kind of marred the windshield skin. I was a little beside myself cause it looked bad in spots with streaks.

I took some toothpaste (Colgate) and rubbed them out quite well with a wet sponge. Looks very nice again, and I am very pleased with myself. I realized how many nicks this little item has saved my windshiled from receiving.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
When my wipers went out, the tech who fixed them ran the wipers dry to see if they worked. They kind of marred the windshield skin. I was a little beside myself cause it looked bad in spots with streaks.

I took some toothpaste (Colgate) and rubbed them out quite well with a wet sponge. Looks very nice again, and I am very pleased with myself. I realized how many nicks this little item has saved my windshiled from receiving.

Interesting to know. I still have the very first one made on the Gray car. It has held up nicely for 13500 miles. It does have it's share of nicks and some major gouges from heavy impacts. It has saved me at least 4 times !!! :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ha, I have a spare just in case. I thought you were going to LeMans? Better get moving there bozo, you won't be in Kansas anymore.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Ha, I have a spare just in case. I thought you were going to LeMans? Better get moving there bozo, you won't be in Kansas anymore.

Oh,, is that the Colgate with the baking soda and extra whitning gel ...:lol
I wanted to go to Le Mans just couldn't get away..:bored

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No, just plain Colgate. The old type stuff without all the additives.

Since you have all those false teeth, perhaps your Polident will work.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
So you guys would recommend this film overall? Any good tint guy should be able to put one on? Thanks!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I think those of us that have it love it and if you're going to drive your car, not let it sit, it's well worth it. Get a window tinter to do it rather than someone that puts on body protective film.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Windshield skin - 1, rock - 0. Took a good hit from a rock about an inch in diameter on my way to KC Friday. The windshield skin is pitted a llittle, but the glass is fine. StormCat may have a brain the size of a kitty cat, but he has had some GOOD ideas. Thanks again for setting this up buddy. Lifesaver again.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
I wonder if Proline still supplies windshield skins. EM and VM messages have gone unanswered.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I can attest to the quality of the windshield film.I have had mine since day one.I too got an extra one .Rejex works quite well to keep it clean and from anything sticking on it.Also a great product to use on clear bra.

mike becks

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2006
Dania
Just my 2 cents.StormCat hooked me up 3years ago and I want to thank him again.Thank you B. StormCat always looks out for me. and B I`ll be home soon and I really can`t wait.Thanks again for every thing you`ve done for me and the cool things you`ve hooked me up with.Hey B I ordered the Speedhut gauge package and my wife said it arrive last week.Later

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I got my installer to put on a product called "Clearplex". Pretty much the same idea as Brian, and works fantastic. Saved my (gl)ass more than once.

Colton74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
I got my installer to put on a product called "Clearplex". Pretty much the same idea as Brian, and works fantastic. Saved my (gl)ass more than once.

I have the same product, to date it has worked great.