Why did Ford stop building Ford GTs?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
DBK,
OK, Am I alone in wondering what the avacado statement was all about?

:confused

NOPE!

My guess is Manny grows 'em?:shrug

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
The price of the stripes & MacIntosh together is damn nice profit.

message deleted by Bony-moderator
note to postor:
PLEASE TAKE A NICE PILL BEFORE POSTING. THE TONE OF MOST OF YOUR POSTS ARE NEGATIVE. IF YOU CAN'T POST USING A BETTER ATTITUDE, DON'T HIT THE SUBMIT BUTTON. CONSIDER THIS A STRONG WARNING!

Last edited by a moderator:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
If there's one thing you can count on, it's Dr Rob coming in with some love for the GT...

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Removed By Bony... Enough Already,... Go Piss Off The Lambo Guys

Last edited by a moderator:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Sycopjants? Is that the eastern european version of a sycophant?

It's not about Ford Rob. Hit "find more posts" and 99.9% of your posts are negative in tone, regardless of subject matter.

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Sycopjants? Is that the eastern european version of a sycophant?

It's not about Ford Rob. Hit "find more posts" and 99.9% of your posts are negative in tone, regardless of subject matter.

Kinda what I was thinking too. :bored

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
########## Very true. Especially when the radio is ugly and universally derided and the stripes look like they dug up Earl Sheib to paint them

Actually the stripes on my car are quite nice as are those on the other GTs I have seen. Can't say I love the Mac though but describing it as "universally derided" is a bit of an overstatement.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
So Dave, were you referring to my post on the 'other' board regarding population control? It involved bullets Matt but not the kind that require gunpowder. :biggrin

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
Like they say, you don't lose anything until you sell it. So technically for alot of us, that day will NEVER come :biggrin

Right On' Dave !!!!!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
So Dave, were you referring to my post on the 'other' board regarding population control? It involved bullets Matt but not the kind that require gunpowder. :biggrin

Yup. I just have to keep that post away from the woman :willy :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
EVERYONE OF US HAS BEEN SAYING IT TO OURSELVES... I JUST HAVE THE DELETE BUTTON.

Oh by the way, I love my MAC, especially after installing Joes, Shadows and Stormys relocate kit... better than, well not really. have a nice Saturday. Going to see Shelby and the drags.
Bony from Lost Wages at the Wynn

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
EVERYONE OF US HAS BEEN SAYING IT TO OURSELVES... I JUST HAVE THE DELETE BUTTON.

Oh by the way, I love my MAC, especially after installing Joes, Shadows and Stormys relocate kit... better than, well not really. have a nice Saturday. Going to see Shelby and the drags.

Bony, I...just...can't....resist...it.....

Thanks for keeping all of us out of Harms' way.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Come on! Sing with me! THE GT SUCKS!:banana THE GT SUCKS!:banana

I dooooon't heeeeaaaaarrrrr you!:wink

I only hear the Doc!:lol

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA

Hey! Does he get to keep his pre-delete post count even though the posts were deleted?
Not Fair!!:willy :willy

I vote you give them to me!:banana :cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hey! Does he get to keep his pre-delete post count even though the posts were deleted?
Not Fair!!:willy :willy

I vote you give them to me!:banana :cheers

'POST WHORE!!!!!:rofl

tmstunts & SteveA will rip yur throat out to get 'em!:slap

:rofl :rofl :rofl

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2006
Black Ice-

There is no question that Ford marketed the car to its dealers as a reward. The initial allocations went to "President's Award" winners (about 500/year), then by "share-of-nation" (that is, the largest volume dealers in the US. Several were also allocated to smaller dealers by lottery. They even gave some allocation by drawing dealers' business cards from a hat at a national dealer meeting ("must be present to win").

There was also some arm-twisting that the new Ford dealer could not take the Ford GT to the auction, and that any retail purchaser had to agree to title the car and keep it for six months. Hard to enforce....

We are in the top 100 dealers in the US and we got two 2005's and 2 2006's by the share-of-nation allocation. We got a "special" allocation of a late-production 2006 through the local Ford regional office. That one's mine....

It is noteworthy that the margin between invoice and retail decreased substantially between 2005 and 2006.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I know bigs wasn't smacking me...right BIGS!

Other bullett...hmmm..I have to think about that....I have to think hard if it will get Dave in trouble :)

Matt

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Matt, If I lay some smack on you my friend, there will be no doubt! :devil

I think Dave was referring to my suggestion for good people to have more babies to balance things out (more 'bullets' coming out of your and others 'guns') :lol

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Oh I figured..I don't want my wife seeing that either...sheeze...I mean I got the GT for the first little one..what next what next... :)

Lets say the discussion has already happened.

Matt

davisp

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 18, 2006
New Jersey
Your Avatar

The wife and I just spent the last 10 minutes howling at your avatar. Too funny!!! PD