Who Wants A Whipple Supercharger!!!

632C2

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2006
Puyallup, WA
What kind of snags G(if you know)? I'm curious what goes into the whipple install beyond phsyically removing and replacing the blower. I'd imagine
there are a number of items that may need some rearranging or finagling when you put the larger blower on...
I received my Whipple from HP Performance on Friday, 11/24 and installed it the next day. I am starting with the 3.25" pulley that is good for appx. 21psi of boost.

The R&R was very straight forward - really about as easy as you can get. The only issue I had was a mismatch between the Accufab throttle body and the Whipple. I am quite anal when it comes to this kind of thing. I have ported dozens & dozens of heads and intake manifolds so this mismatch was easily rectified with my grinder, burrs, and sanding rolls.

I was unable to get the car running that weekend because the belt that was supplied was too short. This gave me a chance to install DynoJet's new analog pressure sensor to my DynoJet. This will allow me to record boost and see a plot of it on the same graph as my HP, Torque, and A/F. This ought to be very enlightening.

The correct length belt arrived on Saturday, 12/2 and I immediately got the car running. Whipple recommends a 75/25 water to anti-freeze mix when boost pressures go above 20psi for the engine coolant and above 15psi for supercharger intercooler coolant. Getting to the radiators was quite a chore. This actually ended up taking the better part of yesterday to complete.

I am currently working with Tony @ HP on the tuning. I installed the Diablo MAFia and am using the SCT Pro Racer Tuning package.

So far, so good.

Steve

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
Are you sure you want to start with 21 psi. That's quite a bit of pressure on the stock internals.

I think 19psi would be better for reliability and longevity.

I swapped to 50/50 water/anti, but it only took me about 15 minutes. Just used a syphon for each holding tank and sucked out fluid, then added enough for the right level.
-w

632C2

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2006
Puyallup, WA
Are you sure you want to start with 21 psi. That's quite a bit of pressure on the stock internals.

I think 19psi would be better for reliability and longevity.

I swapped to 50/50 water/anti, but it only took me about 15 minutes. Just used a syphon for each holding tank and sucked out fluid, then added enough for the right level.
-w
From the Whipple installation manual, "Whipple does not recommend exceeding 23 psi of boost on stock engines." I am going to start with the 21 psi pulley and then, later on, going to the 23 psi pulley.

As far as the antifreeze, I too started out with the siphon hose but could only get a little over 1 gallon out of each system - which was way short of what I needed to remove. You evidently had a better siphon system than I did.

Steve

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
I would syphon, then run the engine for a little bit until the reservoir filled up and continue to syphon..I ended up with about 6-7 gallons of distilled water added in total.