whipple?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Is anyone running the 23 lb pulley on their whipple? Any info would be great. how much power the car makes, what kind of gas, and if its relatively safe to run this pulley. I guess what im trying to find out is if anyone had any trouble pushing too much boost and not using the right fuel, In the search for more power im just trying to figure out where the limit is for our engines on relatively high boost.

Aug 25, 2006
Is anyone running the 23 lb pulley on their whipple? Any info would be great. how much power the car makes, what kind of gas, and if its relatively safe to run this pulley. I guess what im trying to find out is if anyone had any trouble pushing too much boost and not using the right fuel, In the search for more power im just trying to figure out where the limit is for our engines on relatively high boost.

Huuum .... as we have chatted many times

I feel that in your case a full blown street fighter engine needs to be assembled; yes the OEM pieces are nice and many will port over to the new motor however based on our chats you want her on "KILL" and to survive.

Nevertheless I enjoy your quest and being a part of it from a far.

All the best

Shadowman

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
I am also curious. Most archived 'whipple' threads indicate the use of a 19psi pulley. I saw one with 21 psi, maybe that's you soroush?

QKSTNG514

Mar 8, 2006
Orange Park FL
There is a Whipple'd GT in Washington State that has made 815HP on 23 psi and race gas.

On 91 I have seen 757HP but thats pushing it in my opinion.

I had one on the Dyno this weekend up in Canada that made 711HP on a safe tune up. (Welcome to the 700 club to Shesgotlegs)

With a built engine, ported heads, 23psi+, and race gas I see no reason not to expect 900HP.

TonY G

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Here is a video of a GT with a 23 lbs pulley, methanol injection running MS109 gas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3hUA5TBnAA

From forum thread:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=124334&postcount=26

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
"faux" engine ducts?

I watched the 23lb Whipple vid & liked the comments on the "fake" side ducts. I thought they were opened to the engine compartment for cooling? Then they mention the fake brake ducts & then "What on this car is real?" Funny.

Ed

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I watched the 23lb Whipple vid & liked the comments on the "fake" side ducts. I thought they were opened to the engine compartment for cooling? Then they mention the fake brake ducts & then "What on this car is real?" Funny.

Ed

"What is real?"

The look on someone's face when they see your license plate disappear in a hurry!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I am also curious. Most archived 'whipple' threads indicate the use of a 19psi pulley. I saw one with 21 psi, maybe that's you soroush?

Yes Jdoc7 that would be me. My car makes 770rwhp and 730 tq on a relatively safe tune and 21b pulley, but I think the car is actully seeing 20lb of boost, now I know the hp numbers dont mean much comparing to other cars on other dyno's but it is relative when it comes to my car on the same dyno. my car made 720 and 676 hp and tq res. with the 19 lb pulley, both of these sets of numbers were achieved on 93 pump gas, the timing is around 20deg and above 4000 rpm we have taken even more timing out to be safe ;its around 18 deg. air fuel is around 11.5 to 1

I personally know of a gt500 that is running the 23lb pulley on 109 unleaded and that car put down 857rwhp I dont know what kind of tune its on, but I assume it is aggresive, probobly 22 deg of timing and air fuel above 12 to 1. I know this bc we recently had an opportunity to run and he edged me by about half a car, now considering that car is about 500lbs heavier it has to be making more power than my car.

I was just wondering if anyone else had this pulley on their whipple as a way of comparison to the gt500 motor. if that car made 857rwhp what would the gt motor make under similar boost and fuel. this is an area of interest to me as I plan on installing the 23lb pulley tomorrow and tune the car on wed. I will post my results here, I will be very happy if the car makes over 850 rwhp. if my information is correct about the gt500 our gt motor should make more power under similar conditions as I believe the cams in the gt motor flow a bit more than the gt500. we shall see:wink

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
I plan on installing the 23lb pulley tomorrow and tune the car on wed.

Hmmm..does that mean I may be able to get my hands on a 3.25" pulley for cheap? 770 at the wheels on 93 octane is plenty for me. :biggrin

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Hmmm..does that mean I may be able to get my hands on a 3.25" pulley for cheap? 770 at the wheels on 93 octane is plenty for me. :biggrin

not a chance, I will be running the 3.25 pulley most of the time, I will run the 3.00 pulley when I need that little extra, or a lot extra. I did offer you powder coated wheel for next to nothing you better take advantage of that other wise they will go to get repowder coated next week. :biggrin

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
when I need that little extra, or a lot extra.

I can see it now....

TT Viper driver: "So...wanna run me in your little 5.4L Ford?"
Soroush:"Sure...oh wait, let me just pull over and swap pulleys real quick, oh, and, do you know where I can score some 109 unleaded?"

Once you've seen the high side of 800 rwhp....I don't see you coming back to hang out with us peons. :lol

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I can see it now....

TT Viper driver: "So...wanna run me in your little 5.4L Ford?"
Soroush:"Sure...oh wait, let me just pull over and swap pulleys real quick, oh, and, do you know where I can score some 109 unleaded?"

Once you've seen the high side of 800 rwhp....I don't see you coming back to hang out with us peons. :lol

more like TT viper driver: "so whats going on tonite, I think everybody is meeting up later on.
Me: oh really, what time, oh in a couple of hours ok cool ill come out and play.

ok I will have the surgery down to a science once the correct belt is on(a one time procedure) changing the pulley will take no more than an hour if that. the sc does not have to come off, neighter does the belt. and as for race gas our little buddy at motor works(are you having stereo problems?:biggrin) has agreed to house my 55gallon race fuel drum so its just like driving to a gas station for me to fill up. I have thought of everything. If your nice Ill let you buy some race gas from me, hows 20 a gallon:biggrin

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
You Doctors have way too much TESTOSTERONE and need to see a DEALER and get fixed. Tomy

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Is there a way to get more information on the methanol injection?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
You Doctors have way too much TESTOSTERONE and need to see a DEALER and get fixed. Tomy
:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin
no testostrone here Tommy, I was born with gasoline in my veins, ever since i can remember I loved driving, driving fast I should say. This is a genetic mutation that is shared by some other forum members as well, and Im afraid to date there has been no cure found, only a palliative treatment (feed the disease). Here is my proof, Im the little kid in the picture and thats my dads 1965 mustang, I think we were discussing possible exhaust upgrades:biggrin oh and even then as evidenced by the pic, I was telling my dad he would pick up at least 40 hp on race fuel:biggrin

kayvan check out the license plate.

dadsoldmustang008.jpg

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I put the 3.00 pulley on last nite, my drum of race fuel is here, and the stage is set. I will tune the car tomorow. the results will be posted. Im guessing 860rwhp lets see. :banana

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Good luck man !

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
well we dyno'd the car last night with the 23 lb pullley, we exhausted the fuel pumps(they were running at 100% duty cycle) so we ran out of room to tune the car at that point. the car made 786rwhp and 740 tq, not a big gain considering it was making 770 and 730 with the 21lb pulley and pump gas. I will be adding headers to the set up as I believe this will result in more hp(how much? who know?) but at 23lbs of boost and all that pressure the motor is working harder and harder to spin the sc especially if the manifolds are restricting the flow and causing back pressure. so hopefully I can unleash some of that power via the headers. I have read previous posts about the headers not making that much of a difference but I think at this power and boost level that may not be the case. I guess we'll find out when I get the fuel system and headers. just thought you guys might be interested in this info.:cheers

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
well we dyno'd the car last night with the 23 lb pullley, we exhausted the fuel pumps(they were running at 100% duty cycle) so we ran out of room to tune the car at that point. the car made 786rwhp and 740 tq, not a big gain considering it was making 770 and 730 with the 21lb pulley and pump gas. I will be adding headers to the set up as I believe this will result in more hp(how much? who know?) but at 23lbs of boost and all that pressure the motor is working harder and harder to spin the sc especially if the manifolds are restricting the flow and causing back pressure. so hopefully I can unleash some of that power via the headers. I have read previous posts about the headers not making that much of a difference but I think at this power and boost level that may not be the case. I guess we'll find out when I get the fuel system and headers. just thought you guys might be interested in this info.:cheers

Awesome !!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Thanks for the update. I look forward to your results with the headers and new fuel pumps.