What are you listening to

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
WELCOME TO MY WORLD
It's comforting to know I'm not the only one suffering from tinnitus...

We should form a support group. Honestly, after more than a decade, I don't really think about it much anymore. It gave me enough sleepless nights in the 90's. It's a nuisance, but it could be a lot worse!

Well, I almost hate to admit it, but I have been enjoying Amy Winehouse's recent album; Back to Black.

:willy Francesca's mortal enemy.

Recently played:

Justice - Cross
Ratatat - Ratatat
XTC - Drums and Wires
David Bowie - Young Americans
Phoenix - Alphabetical

I'd list Daft Punk again, but that's pretty much #1 on the list all day every day. We're gonna head to SEMA just to see DP play at the prior weekend at Vegoose. I've never been that huge into France, but they've had a great run on the music the past 15 years.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Well you guys got me to fire up my system-- been months since it had any music run through it. It usually only plays Pokemon, JJ the jet plane, and Thomas the Train-- quite nicely too.

Played a few albums-- The Ocean Blue,
PIL, and since Dave was listening to Grandmaster Flash, it was only correct to
play a little Planet Patrol. Then to get back to my roots, the great master Cachao.

Chris, I see your taste in equiptment is as good as in cars. Those B&Ws are amazing. I heard them when I was last in the market. In fact I will probably get some 805s for the garage (you never know when one will have to spend a few weeks in there)

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Omega_man;88600...... I listen anything from my favorite band....600+hp. Never goes out of style![/QUOTE said:
+1:biggrin

my radio was last on in January.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Back from the dead!

Alex Metric - anything I can find
Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain
Vangelis - Blade Runner Score
Gary Numan - Replicas
TV on the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain
Gang of Four - Entertainment!

I'm bringing the 80's back.

H

HHGT

Hey Dave, you and my wife would get along - she loves the 80s. My boys and I mostly listen to the late 60s and 70s Rock.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
In my cd changer:-
Il Divo
Carly Simon
Tony Bennet
Diana Krall
Sarah Brightman
Rod Stewart singing classics

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hey Chris and Dave,
But you mom's would like my music :)

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
O.K. here's my list...
Utah Fast Pass..
John Denver
Johnny Cash

Buttonwillow...
Bon Jovi
Journey

Willow Springs..
Led Zeppelin
Yes

Cabin after all the track events...
Mozart
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (Just because my wife saw them at the "Corn Fest" this weekend in MN)

Now, who wants to be co-pilot?

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Heart of the Sunrise is one of the finest driving tracks ever. It was the background to my first Corvette trip video I ever posted circa 2002. :lol

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Heart of the Sunrise is one of the finest driving tracks ever. It was the background to my first Corvette trip video I ever posted circa 2002. :lol

Dave,

From Polygamy Beer, to Yes (My all time favorite Band)(the beer not so much). You never cease to amaze me! :cheers

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Wes Montgomery - The Incredible Jazz Guitar of Wes Montgomery
Shantel - Club Guerilla
Chris Whitley - Soft and dangerous shores
UFO - Strangers in the night

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
George Straight.... as I type....."For The Last Time.. Live from the ASTRODOME"

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i just opened this thread right now and i am listening to this >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.lisapresley.com/video/idiot/idiot_300.htm

this thread makes me wish i still owned and operated radio stations :cheers

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
My buddy keeps selling his and taking it back and reselling it... actually much more profitable than owning it. Talk about an industry in flux...

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
My buddy keeps selling his and taking it back and reselling it... actually much more profitable than owning it. Talk about an industry in flux...

my father retired from the radio biz 7 years ago at the age of 65 and he hates retirement and missed the broadcasting biz so much that he went out and bought another radio station a couple years ago. lol, he is even playing some of his songs that made it into the top 40 back in the 60's :eek:ld: my mom calls this old time AM radio station that he is operating "Jim Slone's Juke Box" because not only does he play his music but he plays just about every genre of music that he can think of :lol he has it hooked up to the internet and people from all over the world email him to tell him how much they like the diversity. i told him if the economy doesn't get better here sometime soon that i am gonna go back to work with him, but he is gonna let me have to pick out the music this time. my days of working in sales are over :club

there is alot of awesome new music out these days that is just not getting enough airplay on terestrial radio. i do like Sirius Satellite though. i listen to Hair Nation and the Buzzsaw on Sirius :thumbsup i also like Shooter Jennings (Waylons son) show on sunday afternoons called "The Electric Rodeo" on Outlaw Country :cool

Last edited: