Wanted GT500 coupe

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Shelby 500

Davidn, Cong. david you got a great buy in Lewisville. I'm glad to see that you are happy! Some dealers are more fair than others with their customers. TGH

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Caved in last week and bought a Grabber Orange GT500 with Tungsten stripes, shaker sound upgrade and leather upgrade, all for $15K over sticker. Have been trying like everyone else to find one for less, but wanted to surprise my wife for her 50th birthday with one...and that's in four weeks. So while I ran out of time, I'm not certain there will be much better pricing here in SoCal for the near future. I hope I'm wrong on the pricing for the rest of you fellas who are looking around here.

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
We just recieved a Torch red coupe with "NAV", red inserts etc. Buyer was glad to pay $15,000 over list but divorce between inital order and delivery has held the process up. We have been offered the same $15,000 over by other dealers around the country for the car, but would rather retail it. We also have a Torch red Conv due in in a few weeks unspoken for as it was a bonus unit earned by share of nation allotment. Same price goes, not trying to rake anyone! Just market conditions. Rick Titus came by 2 weeks ago and said we were on the low end of what he has seen nationwide and we were more realistic on what the car should bring. He has a nationally sindicated talkshow about cars based out of LA California and is or at least was a Ford GT owner. His Father was Jerry Titus.

PM me if interested

Keith

DALLAS

GT Owner
Jan 28, 2006
Ive been looking for a SHELBY now for several mos...bought the FORDGT at MSRP..still feel there are deals to be made...but what i hav found is $10over will buy a SHELBY at many dealerships...I just hav this $5over price in mind...I guess time will tell....The one thing i hav noticed...some of the dealerships r just a "little"....should i say "cocking" with the" we hav 20 people on a list for this ONE car"...if so where are all those people?
DALLAS
PS 2005 BLUE/WHITE STRIPE FORDGT
2005 MUSTANG GTwith mods...550RWHP(a toy)

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Ive been looking for a SHELBY now for several mos...bought the FORDGT at MSRP..still feel there are deals to be made...but what i hav found is $10over will buy a SHELBY at many dealerships...I just hav this $5over price in mind...I guess time will tell....The one thing i hav noticed...some of the dealerships r just a "little"....should i say "cocking" with the" we hav 20 people on a list for this ONE car"...if so where are all those people?
DALLAS
PS 2005 BLUE/WHITE STRIPE FORDGT
2005 MUSTANG GTwith mods...550RWHP(a toy)

Not many GT500's on the ground here in the Pacific Northwest, over 150 dealers, but a torch red with white stripe car showed up at a local dealer and they want 75K (tax, title license etc).

DALLAS

GT Owner
Jan 28, 2006
Take a Look at Ebay sales

Its my humble opinion there are "deals" to be made on the 07Shelby...Take a look at the ebay sales in the past month..." the cars are selling in the low $52 range...this is in the $10 over price ..depending on the options on the car....Good friend just got his for $49...fully optioned..strait from the dealer.
But on the flip side..

I order a car(no downpayment. dealer said not needed
not sure if he would get a SHELBY)..the promise of $5 over MSRP..
seemed agreeable to all parties......
..when car came in..just a mo ago....I never got the call...but went by the dealership...only to find MY SHELBY...on the showroom floor...My salesperson..got the GM(the same GM that thought $5over MSRPwas acceptable)...The Gm said "There had been some changes and the Shelby was now $15 over MSRP) somtheing about the owner and the market for the car....If FORD Motor Co is in $$$$ trouble...why not just make the cars..as many as ordered and sell them at MSRP (no dealer allowed to discount) this puts DEALERSHIPS all on a level playing field...Lets see...Dealer sells ONE car at $15 over vs that 20(people wanting) car at MSRP...I would say DELAER makes mor on the 20..if there are 20...I will wait...I think I can get at $5 over...DALLAS
PS My "shrink" says I need to MOVE OWN!!! Forget the SHELBY..its called "obsession"..not good!

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
These cars will come down in price. Right now it is the "got to have it now" by people with deep pockets. 2007 is the first year and may be more collectable in the future. Unless Ford improves the 2008, aside from th KR model, than prices should level off. It is no different than the Ford GT. The people that are willing to pay to get what they want are setting the prices, not the dealership. By the way Ford sets the MSRP, meaning "The manufacturers ""suggessted retail price". They have no controll what a dealer sells it for un-like Ferrari that will not exceed their msrp. That is why Ferrari dealers title the car and sell them as used.

Last edited:

scylla6

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2006
Still looking for an orange GT500 coupe. I'm ready to buy now (or order one)at sticker. If anyone knows of one please let me know. Thanks.
Tom
email; scylla66@yahoo.com