Wanted GT500 coupe

scylla6

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2006
Hi, I'm in the northeast and am looking to buy a Shelby GT500 coupe at sticker. Anyone know of any dealers selling them for list price or is the mania still going on? If any are out there I'm looking to buy. Thanks.
Tom
email; scylla66@yahoo.com

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Tom, as we say in SoCal "Buenas Suertas" (Good Luck). :willy
Hopefully the winter freeze may cut loose some GT 500s at sticker in your neck of the woods, sure having no luck at this point here on the left coast.

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Hi, I'm in the northeast and am looking to buy a Shelby GT500 coupe at sticker. Anyone know of any dealers selling them for list price or is the mania still going on? If any are out there I'm looking to buy. Thanks.
Tom
email; scylla66@yahoo.com

Tom,

I dont know any dalers that would sell at list,(well right now) but I talked to Manhattan Ford NYC...and I know they would take 5k over...but will order you a car the way you want it....so you need to wait out the process. I really didin't expect these cars to hold up in $ as much as they have, considering how many they are building. As I mentioned in a prior thread, I made my deal at list when I purchased my GT from them. And they were good enough to honor it when the car came in in Sept. 06. I did this on a hand shake. If interested, you need to call Joe C. at Manhattan Ford 212 581 7800. He is the most upstanding guy I know in this biz. You might mention me if you do. Good Luck.

Gino

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Its going to be a long wait for Sticker, There are "Alot" of people hoping for a MSRP deal.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
150 Ford dealers here in the Pacific Nothwest and only 15 Shelbys on the ground. You would have to be an extraordinary business man or extraordinarily lucky to find one at MSRP. Most Shelby allocations were locked up months ago - '08 allocations are going fast.

PNicholson

Probably not going to happen anytime soon. We have one on our showroom - with a $30k markup (OUCH). Havent sold any with that huge markup, but are getting well over sticker for every one we sell.

Just hang around a while - sooner or later you will find them at sticker (I hope).

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
It's not going to happen.

Mine are all sold to local customers. All 2008 orders are committed to. So unless they change something soon with expected allocation's of the 08. Prices are going to stay!

scylla6

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2006
OK thanks guys. Guess I'll just have to wait for the new boss 302. Either that or get an 07 GT in orange and supercharge it. I love the orange.
Tom

leon

GT Owner
May 29, 2006
Hilton Head Island, SC
Better than a GT500

I was looking to buy white with blue stripes to matchh my Ford GT.

Gave up. The dealers can ask any price they want, I choose not to play their games.

A corvette is a better quality car, will hold its resale value long after Ford floods the market with these "mustangs" and you can get a very good discount on them. Actually a corvette will cost the same money as a price inflated mustang. Ford never intended for the selling price to be about 1/3 over sticker. The car was not built with that price in mind, therefore the finish, materials, engine durability, etc. is clearly below that of a new corvette. Look at all of the comfort and convenience items along with the heads up display, IRS suspension, etc. that come with the vette and are not available on the mustang. Also, that 100,000 mile GM warranty on the drivetrain is a great add on.

I switched. However, still love my Ford GT (that car was worth an extra 10 or 20G over sticker when you look at the sticker price. The gouging was sort of "reasonable" at least upon introduction.

Leon

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington

Gave up. The dealers can ask any price they want, I choose not to play their games.

A corvette is a better quality car, will hold its resale value long after Ford floods the market with these "mustangs" and you can get a very good discount on them. Actually a corvette will cost the same money as a price inflated mustang. Ford never intended for the selling price to be about 1/3 over sticker. The car was not built with that price in mind, therefore the finish, materials, engine durability, etc. is clearly below that of a new corvette. Look at all of the comfort and convenience items along with the heads up display, IRS suspension, etc. that come with the vette and are not available on the mustang. Also, that 100,000 mile GM warranty on the drivetrain is a great add on.

I switched. However, still love my Ford GT (that car was worth an extra 10 or 20G over sticker when you look at the sticker price. The gouging was sort of "reasonable" at least upon introduction.

Leon

Sorry but I wouldn't trade my GT500 for a vette!
At the end of the day - all you have is a corvette!!

Last edited:

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005

Leon
No way any Corvette sold today is going to hold its value like the 07/08 Shelby GT500. This is the first Real Shelby in 40 years there is alot of Pent up demand for this car. The Vette is a nice car but the quality is equal IMHO. The vette has more emenities and has to so it can be sold in mass quantities. You can convince yourself either way. If I had to choose between my Vette or GT500 I'll take the Shelby.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Sold vette! I could drive it anywhere & seldom did anyone notice it unless I went to a corvette show, then someone would say oh black nice I got red. new 07 is 76K+,

When I was involved with Ford racing we had the IRS on the Cobras and was overwhelmed by customers who wanted straight so they could drag race or just get on it hard without wheel hop & do typical drag race mods. We even started a exchange program for the rear suspension kits. How many Z06 owners go to the oval track verses how many take a friend for a ride and punch it in a straight line? Vette was great but not a stand out special car for me. Like em hell yes! not enough to park it in storage.

friend has Shelby and gets thumbs up and on looks at at every light. Plus it runs great. And he has been offered what he paid for it several times.

Now none of will admidt to buying a car because of the head turning power but the truth is what it is.

Next month Harley Truck with Whipple Then the SHelby:thumbsup

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Sorry but I wouldn't trade my GT500 for a vette!
At the end of the day - all you have is a corvette!!

I am with KMC on this one. My GT500 is an amazing daily driver, very fast, looks great and is super practical taking both my kids to school and sports practices...

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
I'm paying 48K for mine w/1000 shaker stereo. What's sticker suppose to be ?

funat50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 1, 2006
Greensboro NC - IOP, SC
Combo purchase?

I'm in the market for a new SUV. I was leaning toward another Yukon XL to replace our Toyota Sequoia to increase cargo and towing capacity. I stopped by the Ford dealership to lok at the Expedition EL. It compares spec wise to the Yukon and is priced about the same. I mentioned to the dealer that I might give him sticker for the Expedition if I could get a Shelby at sticker as well. He contemplated it a moment and said he had one coming in and we might could come to terms. He also said he could get one from another dealer if I wanted but might have to pay a slight premium but he woudl pass on the savings. While I may give up a 3k savings on the Expedition I think it will get me into the Shelby at a good price. Sounds worth pursing, what do you think?

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
I'm in the market for a new SUV. I was leaning toward another Yukon XL to replace our Toyota Sequoia to increase cargo and towing capacity. I stopped by the Ford dealership to lok at the Expedition EL. It compares spec wise to the Yukon and is priced about the same. I mentioned to the dealer that I might give him sticker for the Expedition if I could get a Shelby at sticker as well. He contemplated it a moment and said he had one coming in and we might could come to terms. He also said he could get one from another dealer if I wanted but might have to pay a slight premium but he woudl pass on the savings. While I may give up a 3k savings on the Expedition I think it will get me into the Shelby at a good price. Sounds worth pursing, what do you think?

Based on what's going on out there, it seems that these kind of deals work. A smart dealership would rather sell multiple cars to one customer anytime, and offer a deal (based on market fluctuations). I think it's one of the quickest ways in achieving your goal of a Shelby GT500. Good deal....just make sure it is in writing please......

Gino

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I personally don't think you will be making out on this deal. Don't the Expos sell for around $8-10K off sticker? That means you would be buying the Shelby for $8-10K higher than sticker.

I will be looking to get one in a couple months. I guess I will have my work cut out for me getting sticker. It's crazy that they are still going for so much over sticker.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Shelby 500's

The market on the 2007 Shelby 500 is still hot in the southwest region
(Texas-Oklahoma). They are still bringing $15,000 over MSRP as of this week as I know od two that sold this week. Most dealers are getting their last 2007 models. Noone knows what the market will be on 2008's, I think the market will stay high on them. 15 over is between $58,570 and $ 58,800 loaded but remember Shelby 500 Hertz cars with 9-10,000 miles are still bringing 55-58 ar Ford auctions. Its very weird! Customers are willing to pay those prices. TGH Ford Dealer

GTpwrdCAPRI

Mar 1, 2007
(Texas-Oklahoma). They are still bringing $15,000 over MSRP as of this week as I know od two that sold this week. Most dealers are getting their last 2007 models. Noone knows what the market will be on 2008's, I think the market will stay high on them. 15 over is between $58,570 and $ 58,800 loaded but remember Shelby 500 Hertz cars with 9-10,000 miles are still bringing 55-58 ar Ford auctions. Its very weird! Customers are willing to pay those prices. TGH Ford Dealer

I had a very good friend that bought the blue with the grey/pewter stripes for 39K. that was maybe like 3 months ago. in upper wisconsin area i believe.

i think its funny that you can almost for the most part buy a gt500 for the supposed cost of the ford gt crate motor from frpp.

davidn

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2007
Carrollton,Texas

THamonGT,

Must have missed mine:biggrin ...sale date 2-28-07 vert. loaded W/NAV. pd. msrp $50390..ford country..Lewisville.TX