UK Owners ?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Sorry for your half shaft bolt issues. We have a thread here on the forum with the needed information.

We understand your frustrations.

I respectfully ask you to keep the discussion on this topic on that thread.

We are expecting a statement from ford shortly.

Many kind thanks!
Bony

post note
----------
I respectfully asked you to play by our rules, you ignored me, I deleted your posts. Please don't ignore the moderator.

Last edited:

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties

Like many of you I have paid way over the asking price to own this dream machine. Presently it's turned to a nightmare. I will obviously contact ROUSH urgently and hope to reslove this matter once and for all. removed by bony FYI I also own a GALLARDO and a GT3. I have never seen anything this bad and crazy so far. How can bolts just come off!?? I do hope that there is a good explanation. I would obviously appreiciate your advise guys.

Modo1,

I’m sorry to hear about your difficulties… as per BONY’s post it look like Ford will be announcing an “official” fix in the very near future.

My car is one of the 28 cars Ford UK imported into the United Kingdom. The car is now in the U.S. and I’ve had the ACCUFAB kit installed as a precaution against the known half shaft issue you’ve encountered.

It’s nice to hear that you’re a Porsche owner. I’m on my fifth Porsche and fourth 911 (997 C4S Cab). They’re great reliable cars but not without their own issues at times. I’m on my second warrantee issue with my 997 at present. No matter how much I like Porsches my 997 now seems like a toy when compared to my FGT. In fact I took my FGT to the Porsche factory in Stuttgart last summer. The respect Porsche people had for the build quality of the car was inspiring.

removed by Bony
I’m guessing, based on when you purchased your car, that it is a “grey import”. I may be wrong but I’m almost positive that, if your car is a grey market car, its warrantee was void once it left the United States. Knowing the people at Roush and Ford UK it would be my guess that the half shaft issue may get fixed under warrantee if you just contact them and explain what happened. I think your odds of getting this issue resolved to your satisfaction would be much, much lower if you contact journalists.

These are my thoughts. I’d give this as much consideration as one would any free advice.

Cheers,

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
You should check out your Gallardo too.
http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20350&hl=

It's a simple, quick and cheap fix.

....and from Bony
et tu?
bad forum owner :)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Modo, FYI, the problem lies in the half-shaft bolts as they came from Ricardo in the UK. Ford has not balked at fixing any ofthe cars with this problem here in the USA. Many owners had replacements with Accufab parts as a preemptive move. Many of us have not had any problem - 6K miles on mine, no problem. Ford is to make an announcement at our second rally in Newport Beach, CA in about 3 weeks. Stay tuned.

and from Bony...
PLEASE, no more comments on this thread about bolts!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Sorry to hear you've had the bolt - Roush will fix you up.

Because your car (like mine) was not officially imported into the UK by Ford (it's a private import requiring Single Vehicle Approval), there will undoubtedly be some grey areas in the warantee.

Perhaps the dealer will cough up the relatively small cost of the fix?

Let us know how you get on with the fix.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
folks,
I don't want to delete every post resulting from Mr. Mondo and his threats.
I deleted several of his. Please, no more posts on half shafts issues, anywhere except the half shaft thread. Please guys.
Thanks,
bony

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Why are you up so late Bony?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Why are you up so late Bony?

Hello Neil!
Back at it, I went on line because of complaints from members about the direction this thread took. Frankly, and I hate to admit it, I lost sleep over it.
Hope all is well with you and yours, can't wait for The Revival.
God Bless,
daniel

Exiges

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2007
UK
Should be, 3 years/36K miles. Probably need to double-check with Roush UK

I thought Ford warrantied the GTs worldwide, no ? Though I guess some parts you've modified won't be covered, but if you've left the engine/running gear stock then it should be OK.

Roush are good lads, they'll sort you out.

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Bony like all GT owners I was sharing my story hoping to get some help. I'm greatful to my fellow owners for their advise. However I dont apprectiate you trying to stop me stating facts. Why would you want to sensor a factual event by threatening to get me off the forum? I love my GT and I was simply shocked at the experience I had with the bolts.
But there are pages of threads about this, and you came charging in scatter-gunning the same old stuff around, and playing the big 'I am' card. Can't you see that wasn't going to go down well?

If I went to the press every time one of my cars went wrong in a difficult situation, I may as well start my own news paper :wink

Have a chat with Roush as others have said. I'm sure they can sort out the issue and put your mind at rest. I'm trying to get a few of the UK chaps together (probably somewhere in the south, a Goodwood breakfast club day has been suggested). Pop along and we can all stand around going, 'Yeah, mine does that too' for an enjoyable couple of hours!

Cheers

Phil

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
hi phil,
yup, can't wait for the revival!
cheers.
daniel

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Pop along and we can all stand around going, 'Yeah, mine does that too' for an enjoyable couple of hours!

Cheers

Phil

Phil - you're talking about wives here right? :cheers

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
:lol I'm sure we can tag that line onto a number of subjects!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Good one Neilda! I just love that droll British humor.

fordcapri

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2006
Getting back on the subject of warranties it is my understanding that Ford's warranty only covered warranty work on cars in the USA and Canada. The 101 cars sold to Europe I believe the warranty work was covered by Ford of Europe. Cars like mine which are classed as grey imports are not covered with warranty, and Companies like Roush are prepared to do any warranty work. I would class this as a great bonus. I consider the few problems the GT has had are very small, considering the short period of time Ford had to develop and produce the car and I consider sites like this Forum an excellent means of rectifying the faults and on improving the original car. The true enthusiast will stick with the Ford GT and rectify these small problems, whereas the people who bought the Ford GT as a fashion accesory as the in sports car at the time, already seem to be selling their cars and moving on to the next fashion accessory in motor car vehicles. If I was a bit wealthier I would definitely buy a second GT like some of the members on the Forum have already done.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I have seriously toyed with a second GT - I just can't justify it though. It's not the money thing at all, but I can't see me using it. I bought my GT in 2005, it has 5,000 miles (from memory) on the dials and sits alongside my Bentley (1,000 miles on the dials) and near the DBR2 which I've done less than 40 miles in. I've just sold an Aston that I last drove in June 2006.

Whilst the GT is a keeper - a second one would be more than I need.

Mind you.

Having said that.

I do quite like that candy red GTX that's around these parts...... :lol

Exiges

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2007
UK
Once I've cleared some garage space I'd consider another GT, in white please.

That, or a good GT40 replica in Gulf colours.

fordcapri

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2006
Just one for Bony, as he owns a Ferrari - you might be interested at the Revival this year, there was a display of rare Ferraris in one of the buildings as they are celebrating their 60th anniversary.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
YES, I know, I will be there. Broke my heart to miss the 60th party at Maranello a couple of weeks ago.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL

I thought Phil was making reference to his "naughty bits". (Said the American of British descent) :cheers