U.S. Top Gear review...

H

HHGT

I hate NASCAR as much as B_W & iPH__E. The speed channel is a business and not an enthusiast driven venue. Still better than watching the suicide channel - Lifetime!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
A business it is.

Reminds me to call that ex-motorsports network CEO & start showing him around to VCs.

I see better content on Youtube; user generated content-to-cable might run itself.

H

HHGT

A business it is.

Reminds me to call that ex-motorsports network CEO & start showing him around to VCs.

I see better content on Youtube; user generated content-to-cable might run itself.

Im waiting for the weekly Best of Youtube program to start airing on a weekly basis.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Well, he took the call & I have conf call set up. Will report back.

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
What cable channel are you guys watching Top Gear? Thanks.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
What cable channel are you guys watching Top Gear? Thanks.

History Channel

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Speed is worthless; with pinks being the bowels.

Funny, when that happens a new cable show is spawned.

I know they are locked in with NASCAR, ALMS, IMSA, auctions, insurers, etc....but when something truly blows, its the alternative thats the winner.

I assume you guys are also watching HD Theater (Discovery Co.) http://dhd.discovery.com/ They have some excellent programming - Chasing Classic Cars (Wayne Cirini is actually better than his promo - "I'm all about the chase!" Puleeeeze), Wheeler Dealers, American Icons, Cafe Racers, The Goodwood Revival Meeting, America's Greatest Race Car, Classic Autos, Mille Miglia: The Spirit of a Legend, etc....

This channel is what SpeedTV should have been.

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Well, he took the call & I have conf call set up. Will report back.

could be an exciting new opportunity!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Speedchannel was awesome........15 years ago. :bored

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I assume you guys are also watching HD Theater (Discovery Co.) http://dhd.discovery.com/ They have some excellent programming - Chasing Classic Cars (Wayne Cirini is actually better than his promo - "I'm all about the chase!" Puleeeeze), Wheeler Dealers, American Icons, Cafe Racers, The Goodwood Revival Meeting, America's Greatest Race Car, Classic Autos, Mille Miglia: The Spirit of a Legend, etc....

This channel is what SpeedTV should have been.

Thanks for the heads's up!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Personally I think Carolla is funny. He is smart. He is a car guy. Unfortunately I have heard him drone on about his dislike for all cars American. Of course he blamed pushrod motors which doesn't include Romeo motor Fords like GTs or modern Mustangs.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
This weeks show with the Raptor (Hennessey's Veloceraptor) was pretty good. I think that they are starting to grow on me.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
Three times now I have tried watching the US show. I find it hopelessly lame and the dialogue unacceptably staged. Awful

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Yup, it's failing. The gumba guys charm is not translating , and the Rutledge guy complaining about Lambo seat height was cringe inducing

They should get carolla and a real ex-NASCAR guy (there are tons) and have car guys with cred

The show with station wagon was nausea

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Sadly, I find it very painful in comparison to the British version.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Tanner Faust is the only guy with the chops to pull it off. He did an excellent job describing the Morgan....and even got in a dig about the Brits ala Clarkston!:lol

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Tanner Faust is the only guy with the chops to pull it off.

Put me in the camp of Adam Carolla. His rough edges and sarcasm are needed.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
This is the first time I've tried watching. Intolerably bad.