Two things I would like to change on my GT

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I have my CNC shop working on a billet key.

Once I am happy with it I will post to get opinions.

My cost should be about 10 bucks a piece plus cutting the key at your local locksmith or key shop

I gotta say. Your car looks goooood w/black rims and lowered..How low did ya go?

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Peak how are you planning on handling the chip thats in the key?? I thought that was the problem and why its taken so long for Genaddi to make one is that our cars have the anti theft chip that in it?

Matt

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
tm - my sig is a photochop of what is to come. The car is at Heffner's being transformed right now. It will be slammed but I do not know exactly how much yet.

Aggie, a local stereo shop who plays with high end cars is telling me that with a donor key, they can get this done.

I will update as we find out how it works.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
For most of the aftermarket alarm systems that feature auto-start, on vehicles with factory anti-theft chips, I believe they take apart the factory key and essentially "hide" the chip part in a location near the ignition. This effectively overrides the anti-theft feature, which is good (and bad).

M

Mark O

Two things I'd change would be making the armrest pad flip up to have a storage cubby underneath and bringing the radio localin farther out from the dash. For those of us who keep the seat farther back, it's awkward to lean forward to change stations or adjust the radio.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Two things I'd change would be making the armrest pad flip up to have a storage cubby underneath and bringing the radio localin farther out from the dash. For those of us who keep the seat farther back, it's awkward to lean forward to change stations or adjust the radio.

'Agree w/both, but, especially the cubby hole. 'Would at LEAST give yuh someplace to putcher "ZZ Top" C.D.'s" fer cruzin'. (My owner's manual fills up the "pouch" on the pass. side of the console - and THAT'S too hard to reach while drivin' anyway.)

Hey, Mark. 'Been gunna ask for some time: what's "O-Qua Tangin Wann" in the Queen's English ... or will I need a "PM" for the answer!)?

Last edited:
M

Mark O

Hey, Mark. 'Been gunna ask for some time: what's "O-Qua Tangin Wann" in the Queen's English ... or will I need a "PM" for the answer!)?

Here's where it comes from.......

http://www.thecomingoftan.com/

Riley Martin is one of the misfit characters who appears on The Howard Stern radio show. Aren't you glad you asked? :biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Here's where it comes from.......

http://www.thecomingoftan.com/

Riley Martin is one of the misfit characters who appears on The Howard Stern radio show. Aren't you glad you asked? :biggrin

In a word - NO!!!!!!!!!:rofl (Now I know WHY I'd never heard of it/him/them.)

HEY!!! Maybe this Martin - or "Tan - is the "being" behind this (alledged!) GT sales scam! Lord knows it sounds "far out" enough! :lol

THAT'S PBLY IT!:banana ...Case closed. :thumbsup

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
I have my CNC shop working on a billet key.

Once I am happy with it I will post to get opinions.

My cost should be about 10 bucks a piece plus cutting the key at your local locksmith or key shop
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%5 How is the key going to work without being programable ??

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Basically like said above from what they tell me.

And I agree on the console cubby hole as well.

When I first got my car, I looked for a good 10 minutes on how to open it up :D

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
When I first got my car, I looked for a good 10 minutes on how to open it up :D

:biggrin :biggrin :biggrin Not for more than 30 seconds - BUT, SO DID I ! :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Good advice not to by-pass the clutch safety. I saw a mint, mint, mint, all original, low mileage, best of show quality, 930 Porsche rammed straight into the pointy end of a trailer by an unfamiliar driver. Car was left in gear, guy started it a foot from the trailer, in gear - wham!! Much wailing and gnashing of teeth!! And an immediate $5k off the value of the car - even after it was fixed. Lesson learned.

G.

At Barrett Jackson three years ago, a guy with a white Countach and a remote starter, fired his car up while it was in gear, ran across the tent into Kurt Tanner's 100 point Healy. Lucky, nobody was standing infront of the car. I saw it happen.... ugly.

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK

Don't they offer the armrest into a storage space conversion at Genaddi?

http://www.gtx1.com/options3.html

I realize $1,100 is quite a lot to store a couple of CDs... but...

Attachments

• cupholder2.JPG
    cupholder2.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 113

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...Wouldn't a valet in a chase car be cheaper?:shrug

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Well the GT is my daily driver... it gets expensive after a while... :tongue

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Well the GT is my daily driver... it gets expensive after a while... :tongue

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :slap

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2006
Back to Fyr-Ftr's original question:

How did you get to the gas station without your keys? If you drove it, you've got your keys; if you towed it, you don't need gas.

??????????????????????????