Twin Turbo ford GT!

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
With my 2.5 in blower snout we got 18lbs of pressure and 700 whp, with the same boost from tubos(18lbs), the car should make 800 whp when you subtract out the parasitic loss of the supercharger

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I know it's crazy, but why not? I posted this info on a lamborghini board and was told its a waste. I'll reserve my judgement until I hear HP and $ #'s.

Fords4life351

Permanent Vacation
Mar 22, 2006
Colton, CA
californiacuda said:
With my 2.5 in blower snout we got 18lbs of pressure and 700 whp, with the same boost from tubos(18lbs), the car should make 800 whp when you subtract out the parasitic loss of the supercharger
I doubt it... depending on the turbo(s) size(s) with the "right" turbo(s) it could make more towards 850 maybe 900whp, going from comparisons i've seen.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
You doubt what? I made 700 whp with 18lbs of boost with a supercharger. So are you saying that the parasitic loss is closer to 200 hp?. We spent over 25hrs on the dyno. my car was used when Kenne bell developed the new 2.5 snout, and believe me they wanted to make as much hp as possible. We used 100 octane fuel. Go to kenne bell web site, my Gt is the silver one shown on the dyno.

Fords4life351

Permanent Vacation
Mar 22, 2006
Colton, CA
californiacuda said:
You doubt what? I made 700 whp with 18lbs of boost with a supercharger. So are you saying that the parasitic loss is closer to 200 hp?. We spent over 25hrs on the dyno. my car was used when Kenne bell developed the new 2.5 snout, and believe me they wanted to make as much hp as possible. We used 100 octane fuel. Go to kenne bell web site, my Gt is the silver one shown on the dyno.

You read my response the wrong way... i meant "I doubt" a 100HP difference between the SC and a turbo system at the same PSI. taking this into account re read my reply, should help. :thumbsup

edit: nevermind allow me to explain.

what i mean to say is a turbo system (well put togeather with a properly sized turbocharger) at the same boost level, which in this case would be 18, and taking into account what i've read so far on turbos i would think that the horsepoewer numbers would be closer to 850 rwhp, maybe as much as 900.

heres a link of turbo cobras.. .the first makes 739rwhp and 700tq @ 15psi
and the second Cobra makes 786rwhp and 689tq @ 16psi keep in mind these are with both LESS boost and a SMALLER motor. Taking them to 18psi AND and put it on a 5.4L.... and thats why i think the power levels would be closer to 850rwhp... maybe 900.
http://www.turbochargedpower.com/03-04_cobra.htm

Last edited:

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Holy cow !

This beast will be something....hard to drive. Right back to the traction control discussion, I guess :biggrin

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Fords4life351 said:
You read my response the wrong way... i meant "I doubt" a 100HP difference between the SC and a turbo system at the same PSI. taking this into account re read my reply, should help. :thumbsup

edit: nevermind allow me to explain.

what i mean to say is a turbo system (well put togeather with a properly sized turbocharger) at the same boost level, which in this case would be 18, and taking into account what i've read so far on turbos i would think that the horsepoewer numbers would be closer to 850 rwhp, maybe as much as 900.

heres a link of turbo cobras.. .the first makes 739rwhp and 700tq @ 15psi
and the second Cobra makes 786rwhp and 689tq @ 16psi keep in mind these are with both LESS boost and a SMALLER motor. Taking them to 18psi AND and put it on a 5.4L.... and thats why i think the power levels would be closer to 850rwhp... maybe 900.

:thumbsup

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Fords4life351 said:
heres a link of turbo cobras.. .the first makes 739rwhp and 700tq @ 15psi and the second Cobra makes 786rwhp and 689tq @ 16psi keep in mind these are with both LESS boost and a SMALLER motor. Taking them to 18psi AND and put it on a 5.4L.... and thats why i think the power levels would be closer to 850rwhp... maybe 900.

Also, those are stock longblock cobras. Heff said it will make more than any blower, so just comparing what Whipple used to have on their website about the 3.3L power levels (max 1000hp)...

Here are some examples out there now-

Bross03Cobra made over 900rwhp on his cobra:
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/...-separate-graphs-15-psi-and-23-psi-37173.html

Here is VT's 5.4L doing 1448 hp and 1077 torque on a engine dyno. 22 PSI on a 91mm turbo:
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/vt-engines-tech/jims-1500hp-turbo-engine-thread-32834.html

Based on what's already out there I don't think there should be any problem hitting 1000rwhp with a turbo GT, especially if you get the valvetrain setup for a turbo.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Wow, i hope you are right and the car get to the quadrople digit number.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
It's great that much of the engine mod work for the GT has been pioneered on similar Ford engines like the cobras and lightnings. This is such a benefit in terms of cost and r&d when compared to other "exotics"

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
What do I get for breaking this news? :confused

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Cement shoes?