Transmission GONE?????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
No this applies to some '05s as well as some '06s.

However I just had mine replaced today. The dealer said there was no problem found anywhere and the bolts were tight. He still replaced them with the new kit under warranty just for my peace of mind. I also had them remove the wheels and check the hub nuts and the wheel torque all the way around (they charged me for that but I expected it). Mine is an early 05 #298 and the tranny is number 490 or so. The car has about 3000 miles on it. At least now I won't worry about it. :biggrin

bugsy

GT Owner
Jul 19, 2006
I just had mine replaced at Tasca Ford in R.I. for peace of mind. Dropped the car off at 8:00 a.m. with a loaner car waiting and picked it up at 4:00 p.m. The service tech went over the repair and had the car safely stored in a bay. I'd rather be safe than sorry, i.e., stranded on the side of the road at midnight 100 miles from home.

Modo1

GT Owner
Aug 16, 2006
Hi Neilda, I had a similar experience to racer x in central London. It was a very horrifying experience to find myself pushing my GT in the busy roads of central London on a Saturday night. Lets see how much joy I'll get with FORD.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
See threads in tech, these are very old threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.