The Ultimate Ford GT Key - 3rd Generation - Now available for pre-order!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I don't know is there a limit to the number of keys that can be added to the car. Maybe the owners manual says something. If there is a limit, my guess would be 2 OEM and 3 added, but that is just a guess.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I don't know is there a limit to the number of keys that can be added to the car. Maybe the owners manual says something. If there is a limit, my guess would be 2 OEM and 3 added, but that is just a guess.

Called my local Ford dealer to ask them if they could clear the ECU of any additional keys. They told me there shouldn't be any limit on the number of keys you can program to a particular car....but he also told me that the only way to program a new key is to have it done through the dealer. The fact that he was so sure of this, pisses me off. Guess I'll have to find another dealer if I eventually need to resort to that.

Does somebody know if owners, (first owners !!!) of a GT of the one of 101 Series can get an additional "Piece" with the functions to deblock the immobilizer when the car was left with the key in the steeringwheellock in the off position, engine cut off, and then lost the "Piece" which you are supposed to have with you (to be able to start the car) in your trousers/skirt pocket, purse, shirt/blouse-pocket.
When i got my car new, i had two, but apparently, one time, my mechanics and myself don't know, one got lost, even i paid very much attention to them, and now i am a bit terrified !

FelixIbizaSwitzerland

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
For me, the ultimate Ford GT Keys are the ones that came with the car - they always work! Why bother with anything else. Seems like a waste of money. This thread seems to prove it.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Do you mean the OEM key fob?

Ed

Does somebody know if owners, (first owners !!!) of a GT of the one of 101 Series can get an additional "Piece" with the functions to deblock the immobilizer when the car was left with the key in the steeringwheellock in the off position, engine cut off, and then lost the "Piece" which you are supposed to have with you (to be able to start the car) in your trousers/skirt pocket, purse, shirt/blouse-pocket.
When i got my car new, i had two, but apparently, one time, my mechanics and myself don't know, one got lost, even i paid very much attention to them, and now i am a bit terrified !

FelixIbizaSwitzerland

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'm sticking to the OEM key fob.

Ed

For me, the ultimate Ford GT Keys are the ones that came with the car - they always work! Why bother with anything else. Seems like a waste of money. This thread seems to prove it.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
The OEM remote fob, as used on the old ford focus, is what I dislike. For what it's worth, I've had zero issues with Andrew's keys. I've got two, the first gen (switchblade) and the 2nd gen (flip). No issues with programming, or with use. Obviously, your mileage may (does) vary, but when it works, and I've had no troubles, it's great! Just offering up another viewpoint.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX

Agreed it is the most reliable. But frankly, it's just plain ugly and looks cheap. I know it's just a key, but we have to hold and see it everytime we drive our cars. Just think it should be more befitting to the vehicle. That being said, this is a perfect example of why I do and will shy away from most mods that don't come from Ford/Ford Racing.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
And I think I read somewhere that you can program up to 10 keys (so two OEM, plus up to 8 new ones?). But when you're programming a new one, I don't think you can simply add the one new one, you have to reprogram ALL of your keys. And you need your two OEM keys. Again, that's from memory, but I think it's right.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
I hate to jump this thread but I only got one key with my car (not sure where he misplaced other Kay and fobs). I bought two new keys and two new fobs from my dealer. I had an extra fob from a previous vehicle (Explorer-company veh). All 3 fobs (max limit) had to be programmed at once. The keys themselves, have to be programmed with the car via computer after getting cut.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Could be. But I was able to program my keys and remotes just using the programming procedure Andrew sent out (so I did NOT need to take them to the dealer), and I've got FOUR (4) functional keys and remotes. Plus, looking at the instructions, it appears that I can 'add' up to 4 keys/remotes per car, so that would be up to SIX sets of keys/remotes, not 3 as the max limit (unless maybe there are 3 other sets of keys for your car out there and that's why you can't program any more???) Anyway, not a big deal as you've only got 3 keys, but just thought you should be aware that it's not the limit.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
I have had a few requests for New 3rd Generation key fobs.

If interested please PM and will add you to the group buy!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I never could get mine to work.

Ed

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
mail sent.

Greg-TT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
I never could get mine to work.

Ed
Same here. I even had a circuit board replaced by Exoticare but still no worky.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Same here. I even had a circuit board replaced by Exoticare but still no worky.

It's unfortunate a few have had challenges with the key... I can say that since mine was first programmed a few years ago I have put on thousands of miles without any issue whatsoever.
I don't miss the el cheapo Ford Focus oem original .

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Add me to the list of never getting it to work including a board replacement and trip to dealer...

Planecrazy232

GT Owner
Nov 28, 2012
Cape Coral, FL
Even after replacements I couldn't get mine to work. I ended up taking the board out of an OEM FOB to make mine work. I like the flip key but the electronics suck.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I'm curious why these advertisements aren't in the "Products for your GT" Section, instead of cluttering up the "General Discussion" area.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'm curious why these advertisements aren't in the "Products for your GT" Section, instead of cluttering up the "General Discussion" area.

Agree with you.

Ed